Winches

/ Winches #1  

VirginiaAgent

I'm looking into the possibilities of installing a winch on my 4035. I work in some pretty soggy areas on my property, and I have some concerns about getting stuck. I have several natural springs, and ground that appears solid can be deceiving. I used to have a backhoe, so I was always able to pull my way out of sinking situations, but with only the FEL, I'm concerned that may encounter a situation in which I can't crawl back out.

Have any of you other Mahindra owners installed a winch on the front or the rear of your tractors?

Hydraulic or electric are the two options? I have the front remotes to run a hydraulic winch, but electric is obviously much cheaper. Will the battery/alternator in these tractors produce the amperage necessary to run a winch capable of pulling a 7k pound machine for a few feet? Would such an installation negatively effect the warranty?

Give me you thoughts,

Thanks,
VA

/ Winches #2  
i used a12 volt 3000 lb electric winch set up on a 3 ph A frame to do firewood for a couple of years. worked great for what it was=3000lb with 50 ft cable and about 1 in per second pull speed. i ran the cables from the battery through a small gap of my front grill into conduit then underneath the tractor to the winch in the back. did not void my warrenty as my kubota b7800 went to dealer for warrenty with it attached to the tractor still, but i would check with your mahindra dealer first. anyway, i think you could run a 12 volt 7000lb + electric winch and mount it up front or in the rear just like i did. one winter i actually used that winch to assist the tractor in getting back to my tractor shed on a side hill. this was before i had my driveway in and the hill was vert steep and in the winter very slippery. i just hooked the cable to a tree up top by the shed and sat on the tractor and backed up the hill as i ran the winch. worked for me. i think you could do it pretty easily, simular to how i did on my kubota with your mahindra. just need a bigger lb winch then me, that's all. good luck. if i find time, i will get a picture of my set up around, but i may or may not. anyway it is pretty much self explanitory. and by the way, the horse in your picture looks almost exactly like my wifes one paint horse. just a little more white on the face on yours. take care and good luck with your project.

/ Winches
the horse in your picture looks almost exactly like my wifes one paint horse. just a little more white on the face on yours. take care and good luck with your project.

She is a 7 year old QH paint with perfect conformation and blue eyes. I took her and her half sister from a couple that could not keep paying their board. She was green broke, but after working with her for three years, I have her safe for an intermediate rider. She's only bit me once, kicked me twice, and bucked me off three times.