Winco generators

/ Winco generators #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
Winco states that their generators are made in the USA. Does this matter when it comes to parts and service for the GEN set? Winco use well known engine makers, so as far as the engines are concerned, I have no worry about parts and service.

Is their a difference in "quality" of the parts when compared to gen set built overseas? Is parts availability better with a company like Winco versus others made overseas?

Bob

Winco Inc. - Home

/ Winco generators #2  
Winco states that their generators are made in the USA. Does this matter when it comes to parts and service for the GEN set? Winco use well known engine makers, so as far as the engines are concerned, I have no worry about parts and service.

Is their a difference in "quality" of the parts when compared to gen set built overseas? Is parts availability better with a company like Winco versus others made overseas?

Bob

Winco Inc. - Home

My uncle is still using a 1945 US Military 120 v Winco generator at his hunting cabin... it weighs about #80... I don't know of any foreign generators with 60 years on the job...

/ Winco generators
My uncle is still using a 1945 US Military 120 v Winco generator at his hunting cabin... it weighs about #80... I don't know of any foreign generators with 60 years on the job...

Sounds good to me. I need a generator with a quality gen set. The engine (be it Honda, B&S, Yamaha, etc.) seems to be a non-issue when it comes to parts and service. The gen is the issue for me. Will I be able to get parts, good service and troubleshooting if the unit is something other than made in USA?

I look at the source for the generators like Yamaha and they are not sourced in the USA. Somewhere in Indonesia and appear to be no name. That is not a good thing. Am I wrong?
Bob

/ Winco generators #4  
I just had to mention the family Winco experience...

I own several Honda Generators from 1000w to 5000w and never a problem...

No experience with other models other than commercial ONAN units I look after here at the Hospital...

A neighbor has a $199 on sale champion or companion 3500 that he has used in a couple of power outages... he bought it for price and figures he's already gotten his money's worth...

Do you need ultra quiet, lots of watts or something miserly with fuel?