Wind Generation

/ Wind Generation #11  
Even more interesting is trying to find a single power plant that has be replaced by wind power? All those billions of tax payer money spent for green energy, and you have to keep the power plants running 24/7 because the windmills are so unreliable, and difficult to keep working.

Another thing that would be fun is trying to find a windmill farm that exists without government funding to keep it going.

And the easiest is to count all the windmills that are in disrepair and falling apart because the government funding ended and it costs more to maintain them then they generate in revenue.

Yeah ask Denmark all about it. They spent a lot of money on wind power and will never ever recover their investment. Wind and solar is just something to keep the looney left occupied and distracted while real solutions are never talked about. That is until all the oil, coal and gas is gone, then there'll be plenty of talk.

/ Wind Generation #12  
I had the chance to visit Australia where these have also become popular. Problem is they installed a few North American models that were actually REMOVING power from the grid. They said the wind south of the equator causes the turbines to spin in the opposite direction. Once they installed the left hand brushes the problems stopped.

/ Wind Generation #13  
I had the chance to visit Australia where these have also become popular. Problem is they installed a few North American models that were actually REMOVING power from the grid. They said the wind south of the equator causes the turbines to spin in the opposite direction. Once they installed the left hand brushes the problems stopped.

How does that even work? You don't see airplanes flip their blades when they get blow the equator :).

UK has a pretty big wind investment(Wind power in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia) of around 11-17%. Just recently they generated more electricity from wind instead of coal.

/ Wind Generation #17  
A solar panel is talking to a wind turbine..........The solar panel says, "So what do you think about this whole renewable energy thing?" The turbine replies, "I'm a big fan."

/ Wind Generation #18  
A solar panel is talking to a wind turbine..........The solar panel says, "So what do you think about this whole renewable energy thing?" The turbine replies, "I'm a big fan."

The PANEL would agree- that was TURBINable!

/ Wind Generation
It's been 2 years and my question has not been answered so i'll ask again in a slightly different context .

Has anyone ever seen a cable being buried from a commercial windmill to a point that electricity can be distributed ?

/ Wind Generation #20  
Even more interesting is trying to find a single power plant that has be replaced by wind power? All those billions of tax payer money spent for green energy, and you have to keep the power plants running 24/7 because the windmills are so unreliable, and difficult to keep working.

Another thing that would be fun is trying to find a windmill farm that exists without government funding to keep it going.

And the easiest is to count all the windmills that are in disrepair and falling apart because the government funding ended and it costs more to maintain them then they generate in revenue.
Actually, coal fired and nuclear plants are closing at a breakneck pace. And in the next 10 years it will be crazy the number of plants that will close. It's actually disturbing because coal and nuclear is being replaced by gas sites, gas turbines and combined cycle plants, but there's no way they can be built fast enough to replace what's being closed down. Now it would be a stretch to say any of these plants are being replaced by wind and solar but that's the politcal narrative.