Wind Generation

/ Wind Generation #21  
Actually, coal fired and nuclear plants are closing at a breakneck pace. And in the next 10 years it will be crazy the number of plants that will close. It's actually disturbing because coal and nuclear is being replaced by gas sites, gas turbines and combined cycle plants, but there's no way they can be built fast enough to replace what's being closed down. Now it would be a stretch to say any of these plants are being replaced by wind and solar but that's the politcal narrative.

China opens a new coal fired power plant at the average pace of like 1 per month, WHILE they sell us Chinese made solar panels and wind mills.

They must laugh at us until their ribs hurt! We will fund them for decades through Chinese made solar panel and wind turbine purchases until their ascension to the #1 super power.

Last edited:
   / Wind Generation #22  
They are buying the ones that close down in the US. Almost all of the closures are disassembled and sold to China. I'm sure none of them have SO2 or NOx scrubbers on them like the ones in the US are mandated to, which is why most of them are closing.

/ Wind Generation #23  
They are buying the ones that close down in the US. Almost all of the closures are disassembled and sold to China. I'm sure none of them have SO2 or NOx scrubbers on them like the ones in the US are mandated to, which is why most of them are closing.
And the good thing is the pollution they create stays within the borders of China.

/ Wind Generation
So we still haven't seen a cable being laid and don't have a connection to anywhere .

/ Wind Generation #26  
It's been 2 years and my question has not been answered so i'll ask again in a slightly different context .

Has anyone ever seen a cable being buried from a commercial windmill to a point that electricity can be distributed ?
Yes. I watched a wind farm being constructed over a 9 year period north of Lafayette, IN. They seem to build them in rows of 5-6, then stagger them around the area. Lines are buried to what looks like what a sub-station looks like in a town or city. They air stationed around the area of the wind farm. Eventually, there's a connection to the large power lines on the towers that lead away from the site to who knows where.

/ Wind Generation #27  
So we still haven't seen a cable being laid and don't have a connection to anywhere .
Drive around a wind farm and eventually, you'll find a point or several points where the power joins the electrical grid for distribution.

/ Wind Generation #28  
You guys ever hear of Bluetooth? They hook up to the grid that way.;)

Before I retired I did a lot of survey work on a 62 turbine wind farm. Everything is underground except the overhead lines where they tie into the grid.

/ Wind Generation #29  
Like this one here...

D23B1F6C-36DE-4B8D-8FA9-761EA76EC781.jpeg