Chipper Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review

/ Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review #51  
At 30 hours your blades may be getting dull. Dull blades make stringy chips, and those clog the chute more readily.

/ Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review #52  
Thanks for all the great information posted on the review and the related follow up. I ordered the Woodland Mills WC68. It came in a week and I was chipping the same afternoon I received it. I am very excited to get to work on cleaning up the property. I think the hydraulic infeed will be enjoyed by my wife. The box was well labelled so delivery guy knew what was inside. He looked around as we unloaded it and said: "you sure could use a chipper"!
IMG_20191003_121708.jpgIMG_20191003_123414.jpgIMG_20191003_133003.jpgIMG_20191003_164130.jpgIMG_20191003_164205.jpg

/ Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review #53  
I know this post is old but I am looking for long term reviews on the wc68.

I am lookin to buy a wc68 for my gc1720 19.6hp at PTO and wondering if it would be a good choice.

/ Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review #54  
I know this post is old but I am looking for long term reviews on the wc68.

I am lookin to buy a wc68 for my gc1720 19.6hp at PTO and wondering if it would be a good choice.
I have gotten good use out of mine in since the fall 2019. It has collected dust all winter, but there is lots to be chipped. The blades are like new.
I am very happy with the investment and so is my neighbour. . I really like the flexibility that comes with owning. If I rented I'd use it to exhaustion to get my monies worth. It would be a powered unit (no tractor implement rentals around here) and likely hard to get into my wooded areas.
Good luck deciding.

/ Woodland Mills Chipper WC68 Review #55  
Have a WC46 that I run on the 2025R with 18 PTO hp. It loafs along; so, I'd say your GC with nearly 2 more hp should be fine with a WC68. Think hp goes up by sqrt of tree diameter.

The only sure chute plugger I found on the WC46 was tiny vines growing in the upper parts of the trees. After I found this out, I'd chop up the bottom of the tree and then reverse it out and make a pile for the bush hog.

Wood chip nature varies considerably with the wood, its type and wetness. We chipped up about 30 FEL sized piles this winter, and the blades are still sharp.