Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #31  
BTW - I've never even ONCE had to trim an pines I chip. Butt end in first - it's grabbed and gone.
I rarely have to do any trimming to the branches and small trees I chip. The hydraulic feed just pulls 'em all in

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE
I'm getting way ahead of myself here but what do you think the resale value will be for the WoodMaxx-8800 or WoodMaxx-9900 or really any chipper of that quality. I know it probably is a 'it depends' like condition and hours put on it but could I expect? 50% of what I paid? More or less?

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #33  
I'm getting way ahead of myself here but what do you think the resale value will be for the WoodMaxx-8800 or WoodMaxx-9900 or really any chipper of that quality. I know it probably is a 'it depends' like condition and hours put on it but could I expect? 50% of what I paid? More or less?
Part of it depends on how fast you want to sell...
If you take care of your equipment, good chance you'll get 60%-70% of the original selling price...
I've seen rotary cutters on Craigslist that were beat to hell, but the asking prices were ridiculously high...

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #34  
Would you go with a 9" chipper if you had a choice then?
It depends on how much extra $$ you have to spend and how much you expect to chip. If I could get a 9" with the same features for $500 more yes.

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #35  
I rarely have to do any trimming to the branches and small trees I chip. The hydraulic feed just pulls 'em all in

You all dont have knotty ponderosas then.....in CO the limbs grow down, curl around, and can be quite thick compared to the trunk.

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE
It depends on how much extra $$ you have to spend and how much you expect to chip. If I could get a 9" with the same features for $500 more yes.
More like $1090 more and they are in stock so no 1-3 week wait. Just 5 days processing and 1 day to ship or something like that. At least that is the way it is right now. They could sell out I suppose.

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #37  
More like $1090 more and they are in stock so no 1-3 week wait. Just 5 days processing and 1 day to ship or something like that. At least that is the way it is right now. They could sell out I suppose.
Hey if you really need it and have the extra $$$ why not.

Yeah. I don't know what I need. Guess it depends on who you ask I guess or the stories you tell yourself to justify the extra $$. Lol!
Bigger, I suppose, might be better if It processes wood faster. Less hours on the tractor, plus I gain some extra ballast weight over a smaller one.

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #39  
As the owner of a Wm8m with 40 couple hours just this year behind a Massey 1740m, I'll offer my 2 cents.

Bigger is 110% better. It's amazing how fast the 8" opening fills up when branches start folding in on themselves. If someone made a 12" opening pto chipper that wasn't 2.5k+ lbs, I'd sell my 8m and buy it just to save on trimming. Anything over 4" is firewood in my books.

The horizontal chute of the woodmaxx lineup is far more ergonomic than the upward angled chute of woodland mills/wallenstein units in my opinion. Why fight gravity?

My suggestion is either go for the wm8m to get into an 8" unit as cheaply as possible or get the mx9900 if you can swing it to have 9" and the hydraulic feed. I've only wished for hydraulic feed to reverse a jammed limb two or 3 times, so the forward only mechanical driven feed hasn't been a giant issue for me. I found my Wm8m used with 1.0 hours on it for $1400 so i wasn't about to argue with that deal.

Vermeer did make a 9" pto chipper a few years back, they're rare but you might get lucky and find a used one. Not sure if they're as monstrous as the wallenstein 10" unit though.
IMG_20220612_145242151_HDR.jpg

/ Woodland Mills WC88 vs WoodMaxx MX-8800 vs WoodMaxx WM-8H for 60HP Kioti DK6010SE #40  
FWIW, I bought a Victory 8” chipper 2 years back (it is basically a clone of the Woodmaxx 8H). Bought it as the other two brands I was considering at the time either had very long lead times with no committed ship date or a waitlist where you were notified via email when stock was ‘available’ and it was a crapshoot if you’d be one of the ones that got in the queue quickly enough. Victory gave me a committed ship date ( and actually beat it by a week iirc). Quality was generally acceptable, assembly instructions were hit and miss.

In retrospect I’d buy the largest unit the tractor can handle with ‘reserve’ cushion at the PTO. There wasn’t anything larger from Victory than the 8” hydraulic feed unit that I bought.

Don’t know why I don’t have a picture of the thing assembled-I’m going to be engaged in a chip fest this weekend-maybe I’ll remember to get a photo.