Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #1  

WinterDeere

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R, 855 MFWD, 757 ZTrak; IH Cub Cadet 123
Anyone have any experience with Woodmaxx 3-point snow blowers? Their pricing is attractive, and it seems to be a heavy well built unit. Of course, a few photos don't tell you if the design, build quality, customer service, etc., are any good.

Driveway is nicely paved and topcoated asphalt, 450 feet long with two parking areas. Machine is Deere 855 with FEL, 24 hp, 2400 lb. with loader, 19 hp PTO.

Thanks!

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #2  
By last count there are (or have been) maybe 50 snow blower brands offered at one time or other in the U.S. - they all work because just to hold together a big steel box has to be rugged. I don't know if I would pay a deposit unless I could see one in the flesh, er, steel.

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower
Yeah, and this one's a heavy beast, at 650 lb. for only 60" width. Still, wanted to know if there's any known design flaws, common customer complaints, etc.

Just noticed there's a Snow Removal forum. I guess I should've posted over there.

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #4  
Hi WinterDeere I have 63" Ber-Vac made in Canada it works great its all gear driven no chians to mess with i dont use it all the time. but when i do its sweet to have thier built strong but not super heavy dont know the wieght of it. the 1 i have is a 3pt hook up they make them for both ends of the tractor. with your drive way paved no matter what 1 u choose will last a long long time for you.

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #5  
I would check out YouTube..lots of videos of people talking about and running their 3pt blowers.

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower
Cool. Thanks, guys!

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #7  
Never heard about that one but I have used a couple different brands.
My first was a 60" John Deere with open gears and a 3 paddle fan. It worked ok but the 3 blade fan was not as smooth & efficient as my current 60" Rad which has 4 fan blades and an enclosed & lubricated gear box.
The JD also seemed to need more HP to operate. Also look for grease fittings.
My 2cents

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #8  
Ordered a 60in woodmaxx snowblower. Came by freight and looked heavily built, but the shaft bearing housing had powered coating peeling off and bubbling up. I was told to refuse it by woodmaxx and send it back. After 10 days they decided to return my money and don't want to send me another. Said they are all the same. Though they claim to be made in Buffalo, NY it turns out they are designed in Buffalo but built in China. Yes the are made of Chinese steel. Web site tries to instill patriotism by asking you to buy from a 14 year veteran. Chinese steel is know for quality issues including lack of adherence to standards, inclusions, structural failure and paint adherence problems.

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #9  
Never heard about that one but I have used a couple different brands.
My first was a 60" John Deere with open gears and a 3 paddle fan. It worked ok but the 3 blade fan was not as smooth & efficient as my current 60" Rad which has 4 fan blades and an enclosed & lubricated gear box.
The JD also seemed to need more HP to operate. Also look for grease fittings.
My 2cents

The blower you are describing was made in Canada by McKee. They made models for Kubota, john Deere and others, all the same just different colors. Out of business now although Deere may still have some parts.

McKee units were know for having fans which could not get rid of the snow fast enough. Too small in diameter and too few blades.

A friend has a 48" painted Kubota orange on a 1980's vintage B7100 HST and has run it in a medium pto speed instead of the designed 540. It has lasted 35 years running like this in order to have the blower keep the snow moving.

With your large American $ consider Canadian made units by Smyth, Lucknow, Normand, and Provost.

Dave M7040

/ Woodmaxx PTO Snow Blower #10  
I believe all of Woodmaxx's stuff is China made based on forum discussions and looking at their website. If they are made in the USA, they would say it, not "Designed in the USA". They offer USA parts upgrades like PTO shafts, knives, etc. I was looking real hard at their woodchippers until I figured this out. I figured since I was getting chinese made from them, might as well not pay their markup and went with a Jinma chipper. Love it and works great. Month later, they start selling a rebranded Jinma WC-8N. Now, they do provide a good warranty for the products they sell and for some having that warranty for the chinese equipment is worth the price. My 2 cents.