Work boots

/ Work boots #41  
My Ariats are on their last leg. Cap toe seperating from the rest. No more Ariats for us. Wife blew through a pair in about 6 months. Mine lasted one year. Thanks for the good info on replacement brands. Think I'll look at the Carharrt or Blundstone slip ons.

/ Work boots #42  
I've tried many of the brands mentioned, but never got much more than a year out of them. I wear my boots everyday on my farm, and I'm very hard on them. My last 3 pairs of boots have been Hubert boots from Walmart. I've gotten over 2 years from each pair, and they're waterproof and comfortable, but they've gotten more expensive over the years, I think they're up to $45 now. For me, they last longer and work better than more expensive boots. My farm is muddy when there's no snow, so my boots have to be waterproof.

/ Work boots #44  
An aged black man that lived and worked on a poor farm in East Carroll Parish in Louisiana told me many years ago, that the best investment a man can make is "a good bed and good shoes."
He always had Redwing or Georgia boots. His bed? Well that was "one of them beds that Rush Limbaugh talks about." His words.
Good fortune!

Scott

/ Work boots #45  
I always wore Red Wings. Last pair hurt my feet. Tried a couple pairs of Wolverines. They were ok. I just ordered and received a pair of Keen's. So far, they're the most comfortable pair of work boots that I can remember. Can't comment on how long they'll last. But so far, they get a thumbs up.

Mens Work boots & shoes | KEEN Footwear

/ Work boots #47  
I've worn Keens for the last 5 years. They wear well and are the most comfortable I've found.

/ Work boots #48  
You guys are all lucky you can even wear work boots. About 10 years ago (at age 45), I developed an allergy to leather, and I can no longer wear anything leather.

No leather shoes, gloves, even the headgear on my CPAP machine is giving me problems. It's actually some of the products used in the tanning process that I'm allergic to.

I have had to start wearing hiking shoes with socks that go above the upper part of the shoe. If anyone knows of a 'non-leather' work boot, please let me know.

/ Work boots #49  
You guys are all lucky you can even wear work boots. About 10 years ago (at age 45), I developed an allergy to leather, and I can no longer wear anything leather. No leather shoes, gloves, even the headgear on my CPAP machine is giving me problems. It's actually some of the products used in the tanning process that I'm allergic to. I have had to start wearing hiking shoes with socks that go above the upper part of the shoe. If anyone knows of a 'non-leather' work boot, please let me know.

Find you someone that brain tans and see if that leather bothers you. If not find you someone that makes shoes and take them some leather. 👍

/ Work boots
You guys are all lucky you can even wear work boots. About 10 years ago (at age 45), I developed an allergy to leather, and I can no longer wear anything leather.

No leather shoes, gloves, even the headgear on my CPAP machine is giving me problems. It's actually some of the products used in the tanning process that I'm allergic to.

I have had to start wearing hiking shoes with socks that go above the upper part of the shoe. If anyone knows of a 'non-leather' work boot, please let me know.

Redwing has a style of boot that is all synthetic. Think it's their Worx line, the local concrete truck drivers where them, because they are the only boot they found that will actually hold up to the wash water and lime.