Work boots

/ Work boots #52  
I haven't read through the entire thread but will chime in with a brand that may not have been mentioned. No association personally but I love the couple pair I have had for winter and wet. BOGS

Men?s Footwear | Boots & Shoes | FREE RETURNS ? Bogs

Just something else to check out. Definitely great for wet and cold weather IMO. My wife is concerned because I wear mine other than out in the muck. They are comfortable and work dang good.

/ Work boots #53  
Looks like this this thread last about as long as my Red Wing 2231 boots did, 6 months significant ware, 10 months stitching starting to come a part, 12 months my feet are hurting, had to put some insoles in, 14 months more stitching are coming apart, time to look for boots, again.

After reading the post I can tell that there are no welder's in here welding in a ship yard, no welder I know of has boots lasting 3+ years, one of the biggest ware ares is the toe and because ST is required, that makes it ware quicker, that's why I'd like to give these a try, just dont know why USA cant make a pull on boot like this.
Men's Thorogood 10" Composite Toe WP Metal Free Wellington Work Boot 804-4450> Men's Thorogood 10" Composite Toe WP Metal Free Wellington Work Boot 804-4450: MidwestBoots.com

/ Work boots #54  
Looks like this this thread lasted about as long as my Red Wing 2231 boots did, 6 months significant ware, 10 months stitching starting to come a part, 12 months my feet are hurting, had to put some insoles in, 14 months more stitching are coming apart, time to look for boots, again.

After reading the post I can tell that there are no welder's in here welding in a ship yard, no welder I know of has boots lasting 3+ years, one of the biggest ware ares is the toe and because ST is required, that makes it ware quicker, that's why I'd like to give these a try, just dont know why USA cant make a pull on boot like this.
Men's Thorogood 10" Composite Toe WP Metal Free Wellington Work Boot 804-4450> Men's Thorogood 10" Composite Toe WP Metal Free Wellington Work Boot 804-4450: MidwestBoots.com

/ Work boots #56  
Looks like this this thread lasted about as long as my Red Wing 2231 boots did, 6 months significant ware, 10 months stitching starting to come a part, 12 months my feet are hurting, had to put some insoles in, 14 months more stitching are coming apart, time to look for boots, again.

Check out the Carhart Wellington Line, I was thinking of giving them a try. I'm tough on the toes also, telephone man.

Safety Toe | Carhartt US

/ Work boots #57  

Check out the Carhart Wellington Line, I was thinking of giving them a try. I'm tough on the toes also, telephone man.

Safety Toe | Carhartt US

/ Work boots #58  
I ordered this pair of boots couple weeks ago, just got-em the other day. I ware 8.5-9 EW in work boots, was afraid of ordering online, didn't want to pay for return shipping in case the boots didn't fit, but this place says free returns so I bought them, tried them on and they fit good. So now the question is, how long will they last, one month or one year.

Wolverine Crawford All Weather Welt WP Steel Toe Wellington 4664

/ Work boots #59  
I have always worn Chippewas. But they have a very hard sole and when I'm working indoors on concrete floors all day, my feet will be sore at the end of the day. A friend of mine turned me on to Magnum boots. Many of the cops and other LE wear them and I got a pair a couple months ago... I really like them. Very comfortable all day and very warm. I wore them out in the last snow storm and my feet stayed warm and dry. However, because they are light weight, I don't expect they will last like a pair of Chips will, but for 65-70.00, if I get a year out of them I will be more than pleased.

/ Work boots #60  
Whites boots! You get what you pay for when it comes to boots.