Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601?

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #31  
Decent zero turns cut 9 acres
In an hour. Tractors can't hang with that.

A Hustler 104” mower MIGHT manage that on perfectly level grass free of obstacles. I have a 72” zero turn and it’s not getting anything close to that number.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #32  
A Hustler 104” mower MIGHT manage that on perfectly level grass free of obstacles. I have a 72” zero turn and it’s not getting anything close to that number.

Well, if I'm just concerned with looking as good as a 15' bat wing can cut, I can get them numbers easily.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #33  
On what, a golf course?

On anything that kinda resembles a yard. D9nt have to be all that smooth. I can pee a little blood for a few days.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #35  
I think the op can trim perhaps 20 minutes off his mowing time with an equivalent sized zero turn mower deck. Only he will know if that's worth the expense of a new machine. In my area of 26-30 mows per season, the zero turn would save about 8 hours of seat time per season.
I cut about 30 acres across 15 or so 1-3 acre lots, so the zero turn is a no brainer for me. Hustling on these lots I average 3 acres per hour with a 72" zero turn. On my 6 acres I do perhaps 4 acres per hour at a brisk (but safe and quality cut) pace.
IMG_4304.jpg

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #36  
Fine example is my brother. Sure he can cut elvathang with a tractor. But I rides to the city with him one day and he gets a zero turn. Now it takes him hardly no time to cut grass. All he has to-do is check oil, Check tires, Check blades, and tell his wife the mower is ready. She mows acres with it. She goes next door and mows a lot of my parents. She loves that thing. Zips all over on it.

That's another angle on the situation. He don't spend much time cutting grass anymore.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #38  
I think the op can trim perhaps 20 minutes off his mowing time with an equivalent sized zero turn mower deck. Only he will know if that's worth the expense of a new machine. In my area of 26-30 mows per season, the zero turn would save about 8 hours of seat time per season.
I cut about 30 acres across 15 or so 1-3 acre lots, so the zero turn is a no brainer for me. Hustling on these lots I average 3 acres per hour with a 72" zero turn. On my 6 acres I do perhaps 4 acres per hour at a brisk (but safe and quality cut) pace.
View attachment 740231
What application are you using to generate this data? I would really like to have that information to assess my bush hogging this summer.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #39  
Decent zero turns cut 9 acres
In an hour. Tractors can't hang with that.
1 acre = 43560 sq ft 9 acres = 392040 sq ft. Cutting 6ft wide with no overlap 392040/6 =65340' long strip of grass 6ft wide. 65340/5280ft/mi =12.375 mi /hr. Not many zero turns will go that fast, and if you do have one that does, your not going to cut that much in an hour if you have to turn, overlap or cut anything rougher than a green at Augusta.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #40  
1649022901877.png

If I am reading this calculator correctly, a 104 inch wide mower has to go 8.6 mph to mow 9 acres. That is no overlap, no turns, just a linear line.
I don't know how fast commercial grade zero turns run but I suspect an experienced tech would say that running it wide open would shorten the life of the spindle bearings a good bit.