Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601?

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #61  
Zero turns can utilize attachments ranging from snowplows to aerators, de-thatchers, sprayers, trimmers, etc.
Look on the Bad Boy site at all the attachments they offer.
Yup...not so sure about a snowplow, but I use mine to tow an aerator and a lawn roller. I'm thinking of adding a leaf vacuum too

You could also tow a cart...only thing you need to watch is turning too sharply

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #62  
Yup...not so sure about a snowplow, but I use mine to tow and aerator and a lawn roller. I'm thinking of adding a leaf vacuum too
Not going to be the ideal tool for a driveway or sloping pavement, but excellent for campus sidewalks. Very fast & maneuverable.
If used on miles of campus sidewalks, one could even stud some tires and switch to them over the winter For added traction or maybe chains are available?

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #63  
I do about 3 acres. Used a 60" 3pt finish mower for a couple of seasons. Then switched to a 54" Ferris. There are a bunch of fruit trees in one section and oaks in another. With the Ferris I can't get close to the trees, pick up sticks with a grabber tool. The ZTR was twice as fast in my situation. One season we used a cheap 46" Lowes Husqvarna and it was even faster than the 3pt.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #64  
If you are cutting a large lawn auto steer is a nice option, it may seem silly but only overlapping only 10cm saves a pile of fuel and time. Plus it does the turns and headlands automatically. Not to mention the finished result looks pretty good.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #65  
I mow about the same amount of ground in about the same time with a B 2301. I suspect a Z-turn would be faster; but I need the other functions of the full tractor. I'm pretty happy with the cut, but when the ground is soft my R4 tires leave some impressions in the ground. Since I want the R4s for a different reason it's a trade off I'm willing to make.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #66  
Takes me 2 1/2 hours to mow a little over 3 acres with many trees/obstacles on my JD2320 and 62 inch deck. I'm sure I could save an hour with a ZT...but...someone on this site said many years ago---some guys like boats, some guys like motorcycles, I like tractors! I love my tractor time and don't want a ZT...well, I'd take one if given one but not going to spend the big bucks to save an hour a week...plus, my oldest is now old enough to drive my old JD LT190 riding mower with 48" deck so both of us together git r done in about 1 1/2 hours.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #67  
I have a BX and I cut an acre and half in 28 minutes with 60'' deck. The smaller size might make it a little quicker than the B. My buddy has the higher end ZT's and they cut quicker and much nicer. I also spend at least 45 minutes with the weed whacker which I hate. I used to remove the deck whenever I was doing work in the woods with the backhoe or loader but wrestling with that beast is getting old so now I just chance it. I'd like to get a good ZT but running out of space to store machinery so I started looking at those robo mowers. Yeah you guys with more land can't get away with them but Husqvarna has one that does 1.25 acres. I'm wondering if I can get away with that.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #68  
I have 3 acres to mow, i use a 60" mid mount mower on my B2601 it takes me about a hour 20 min to mow the yard. I have been told a zero turn could cut that time in half is that true?

When i mow i do not back up i mow at a angle to reduce the wasted time backing up.

Thoughts?
As others have said there are lots of variables. I have approximately the same acreage I cut weekly. I have several outbuildings sidewalks, fence lines, pool, garden, trees, etc. to mow around. I've cut it with a finishing mower but didn't enjoy it as it sat high and I was always ducking limbs. I also have a septic field I had to stay away from. The terrain is somewhat hilly. I do my utmost to give the best cut so speed isn't the #1 priority, but I don't want to be out there all day either.
I purchased a Scag Cheetah 2 with a 61" deck. I will tell you that I absolutely love this thing. I can cut the entire yard in about 45 minutes if I take my time and don't bag the grass. I could cut it even faster if I wanted to. I will admit it is a high-end mower that cost $$.

Having said all that, if you are getting good results with the equipment you currently own, would it be worth the money to spend what it would take to reduce your mowing time? Only you can answer that.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #69  
I have 3 acres to mow, i use a 60" mid mount mower on my B2601 it takes me about a hour 20 min to mow the yard. I have been told a zero turn could cut that time in half is that true?

When i mow i do not back up i mow at a angle to reduce the wasted time backing up.

Thoughts?
I've had both on my farm, about 2 acres of grass, I only found the zero turn quicker around the trees. And it was easier to cut the grass underneath any tree with low hanging branches. But since I didn't want to pay for 2 machines, engines, maintenance etc, I chose a compact tractor that will also run my log splitter, move dirt and snow, run a spreader or rototiller etc. It was a compromise and if I had a bit more money I could see me having both.

You also need to look at how much indoor storage you have. Not sure about others but ALL of my equipment and most of my attachments live inside a heated shop that never usually goes below freezing.

And it doesn't matter how big your shop is, there just never seems to be enough room for all the good stuff! Lol