Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor"

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #51  

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #52  
Well that's a pretty thought out impressive use of an old toro hydro. My unthought out idea would be for flatlanders 😂.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #53  
But if you used two open differentials you probably would have less to fabricate just stack another pulley on top of first differential to send a belt to the second with the added extension you can devise a way to tension the second belt by sliding the differential forward or backwards on the extension, I think the biggest problem would be devising a linkage for forward, reverse and the 4 or 5 speeds imo. Anyways I actually have the parts to try and do it at minimal cost but definitely not the time. Hope someone either did it or will try it cause I'd like to see a contraption like this.
Your line of thinking is something some people can't understand. It's one thing to build something from what you have on hand and something different to invest in tools and materials best suited to what you build. In the first scenario you aren't near as discouraged by failure as in the second. Better mouse traps are the result of lessons learned during failed attempts.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #54  
Your line of thinking is something some people can't understand. It's one thing to build something from what you have on hand and something different to invest in tools and materials best suited to what you build. In the first scenario you aren't near as discouraged by failure as in the second. Better mouse traps are the result of lessons learned during failed attempts.
I've learned more stuff from either failing or doing hands on stuff with more knowledgeable folks. Anyways it was just an idea I had, no intention of doing it anytime soon nor do I have a need for it, but I do have two old used up mtds lying around doing nothing. Thought it would be a cool idea doing something like this as a novelty project. Plus the original poster was looking for a way to turn a lightly built lawn tractor into a garden tractor and not me anyway.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #55  
I've learned more stuff from either failing or doing hands on stuff with more knowledgeable folks. Anyways it was just an idea I had, no intention of doing it anytime soon nor do I have a need for it, but I do have two old used up mtds lying around doing nothing. Thought it would be a cool idea doing something like this as a novelty project
Do it. Here are some that have been done: homemade 4x4 tractor - Google Search

4wd.jpg

murray 4x4.jpg

Articulated 4x4.jpg

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #56  
If you weren't looking to add weight/ traction to pull or use ground engagement stuff it would probably be easier to pull the rear dif apart and lock it imo

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #57  
Hi all. So this is Abit outlandish however I feel like there may be some feasibility. My consideration was to have a small lawn tractor such as a cub cadet lt 1042, gear down the hydrostat so it puts slightly less strain on the system, and re-route the belts to a custom built pto assembly running off the back of the mower, aswell as a winch assisted 3 point. Atleast in theory it would preform similarly to a small 13hp Kubota, and cost far far less. In terms of engineering I have the plan of what to do, however the issue is I'm not sure if itd actually work
There are several implements that are built for pulling with a lawn tractor.

Last edited: