Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it?

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #111  
Only 1 question. Where does a person get parts for the truck ? Tires may be the least of the parts problems .

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it?
Only 1 question. Where does a person get parts for the truck ? Tires may be the least of the parts problems .
International Truck dealership would be my go-to.
Next would be general truck repairs/parts shops
Next would be Ebay, on line parts dealers.

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #113  
Parts wouldn't be an issue with that truck

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #114  
The last local IH dealership here folded about 50 years ago .

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #115  
Most engine manufacturers require you to bring the engine up to temp and not just run it for 10 min. Was the oil ever changed? Short runs cause acid to form in oil. I have seen the scares on the dipstick as a gray dull shade when you wipe off the oil (below the full mark). That could be one quick check on the engine internals.

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #116  
I can understand why so many people think that the ability to readily get parts for "whatever" is such a deal breaker. They also seem to be of the opinion that a dealer is the only place you can possibly get parts. I read classic car and motorcycle magazines and, to the contrary of what I just said, find it amazing how people are able to restore old rare, incomplete, horribly deteriorated vehicles to like new condition. Of course it takes some effort to come up with what you need, but it isn't as hard as some people seem to think. The internet has helped in this area tremendously.

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it?
That model chassis was in production until 2002.
Its a mid 90’s model and 10’s of thousands are still in use.
I’d be far more concerned about unknown extensive repairs than finding parts.

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #118  
That model chassis was in production until 2002.
Its a mid 90’s model and 10’s of thousands are still in use.
I’d be far more concerned about unknown extensive repairs than finding parts.

A lot of people here don’t seem to understand that 25 year old medium duty trucks aren’t worn out junk and there’s still a bunch of them in service.

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #119  
I found an old ford 170 6 cylinder in a field when in the army. Got very little pay in those days. It had better compression than the one in my Ranchero so I put it in. Changed all fluids and it ran perfectly. When I got out, I ran that motor another 200,000 miles. One day my overloaded Ranchero had the rear end rip out of it. Tow truck dumped it in my driveway.

One of my clients offered me $500 for the "truck" he said it would be awhile before he picked it up. He was buying it for a project for his son and wanted something that would take a very long time.

When he picked it up, he asked me for the keys. I looked puzzled and then said, I guess there still in it? We walked out to the Ranchero and it started right up!

I don't know what the moral of this story is.
Maybe, you just never know?

/ Would you buy a 30 year old truck with 51 miles on it? #120  
Link is for a used truck stateside but why in Russian unless the Russian threat to Facebook is materializing?

This morning computer systems not working well... sites needed to pull COVID test results and Insurance Info not working and Corp had said to report everything no matter how small...