X758 Deck leveling problems solved

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #71  
I still have my creaking issue when lifting and lower the deck, Mostly when lifting. Haven't found the right type of lubricant wd40 works short term, lithium grease spray works but not for long. I think deere should have put grease fittings on there.

I also never have enough time to take it all apart and clean and grease the bushing and shaft properly. I would guess a moly grease would work. Awfully dusty under there during the summer.

How hard is the spring to get off. thats my biggest concern.
I had, and still have, that same issue. I'm not sure what is causing it. I know it's been mentioned that is the rock shaft bushings. When I had mine out to replace the rock shaft, there was quite a bit of play in them around the outside where they contact the framerail. I'm not sure if that is standard or not. They didn't seem to have any serious or severe wear on them. The rock shaft was snug, so I rolled with it. I saw mention that it might also be the left side of the autoconnect rubbing on something. That thread is here:

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #72  
on your old shaft, do the square drives seem to be indexed the same?

I see they changed the moon shaped clips and bolts that mate with the levers and realized I may be barking up the wrong tree with the bushings and creaking noise. I think I will try spraying the moon shape clips and levers

The square ends did appear to be indexed the same. Yes, they did change the pivot bushings and screws, but those changes were for newer serial numbered decks. Everything fit on my older deck, but I'm going to have to put the pivot bushing and original bolts back on because without them, I lost 3/4" of lift height with the new recessed bolt head.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #73  
I just went out and checked torque on the big bolts at the ends. They were tight. I will save this thread for the future..... :rolleyes: