XC drag build

/ XC drag build
I've got do much work remaining on this implement, might need to take the week off and work on the darn thing. :oops: We got 100% chance of snow in our forecast.

/ XC drag build #92  
In our area a 100% chance of snow in the forecast usually means a light dusting. A prediction of a 2-4 inch snowfall is the lead story on the local news. What's funny is that they will show a map with with the predictions of which parts of SE Minnesota will get the "heavier" snowfall sometimes breaking it down into half inch segments. I haven't done the math but their accuracy is about that of the flip of the coin. Of course they usually include a strong recommendation for packing your winter survival gear, and to dress warmly but mostly to prepare for the pending armegedon.

I can't imagine the fear and devistation they would project if a classic Michigan lake effect snow event was approaching.

/ XC drag build
A Can-am max is officially on order for us. ($$$ was paid) The dealership was told by BRP that they weren't going to get any 6x6 floor models next summer so our only choice was to get it on order.. :confused:

Last edited:
   / XC drag build
Heading into the shop tomorrow and try get something serious done. 🤣 (I hope) Here is photos from this past week there. This is 3/8 HDPE you see here getting warmed and then bent. These will have 7 bolts holding each on. Any questions?
P1020813.jpg
P1020814.jpg
P1020815.jpg

/ XC drag build
Yesterday I cleaned parts, then primed and painted. I like to use a sand blaster but these were to big.
Then I tacked them together.
IMG_20211groomzilla.jpg
IMG_2021groomzilla.jpg

/ XC drag build #96  
Better Hurry!!❄️☃️⛄

/ XC drag build #97  
looks like things are coming along nicely. Do you have an estimate as to what the completed drag will weigh.

/ XC drag build
looks like things are coming along nicely. Do you have an estimate as to what the completed drag will weigh.
i could only guess between 2 to 300 hundred lbs but a machines ability to tow it has more to do with the amount of drag it produces and operators ability to control of it, than its weight. So with its teeth up and it riding exclusively on HDPE* so one person might be able to move it while on hard-pack.

*it also has skags, which are hard to move but i have moved the front of a 6ft wide drag.

/ XC drag build #99  
Are skags another word for skis?