Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #622  
Not that long ago, I built some book case modules out 4x8 sheets of MDF, it was $29 and change, a sheet. I've been thinking of building a few more, so today I went to buy some more and they are now $86 a sheet!

Time to load a big white pine on the mill, and make some 5/4x12 lumber!!

SR

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #623  
We've got an old, dilapidated shed that we were thinking of taking down and putting up a screen house for the pool in it's place. About 16 x 12 x 8' high. Hip roof. Pricing out the lumber, at today's prices, I'm right around $2500-3000.

That about the same price of low-end bandsaw mills. Hmmm.... I have trees. Lumber was always so inexpensive. It's close to the tipping point.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #624  
$100 for a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 ply around here. I thought $36 was high last year.
There is a bit of good news for you Canadian folk though!
The value of the CAD to USD has been rising nicely these last few days.
I sure do hope it keeps going UP ^^^^^

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #625  
In other words the value of USD is going down(n)(n)(n)(n).

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #626  
We've got an old, dilapidated shed that we were thinking of taking down and putting up a screen house for the pool in it's place. About 16 x 12 x 8' high. Hip roof. Pricing out the lumber, at today's prices, I'm right around $2500-3000.

That about the same price of low-end bandsaw mills. Hmmm.... I have trees. Lumber was always so inexpensive. It's close to the tipping point.
My bottom of the line Woodmizer should be in by the end of July. I had framed up a 16x16’ shed for my tractor and other toys, but the OSB to enclose it and another building would have been around $1500. My mill with 5 extra blades will be about $4100, but I have other projects.
To pay for it I’ve been cutting poplar off my lot and selling it to the OSB mill. :)

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #627  
In other words the value of USD is going down(n)(n)(n)(n).
True, and unfortunately I am rooting for the CAD, and against the USD.
I have significant house sale dollars languishing in a Cannadian bank, and I want to bring that money home!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #628  
True, and unfortunately I am rooting for the CAD, and against the USD.
I have significant house sale dollars languishing in a Cannadian bank, and I want to bring that money home!

Do you have to pay repatriation taxes to bring it home?

Or, do you bring it back in suitcases?

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #629  
Do you have to pay repatriation taxes to bring it home?

Or, do you bring it back in suitcases?

MoKelly
I don't think so, but I am not certain.
I certainly hope not.
I did not make any money on the sale of the house, and it was money I transferred into Canada to build the house.
If I should have any gain, it will be only from the exchange rare change, and the CAD will need to rise at least another 9% for that to become a potential issue.
Sure hope I don't get an ugly taxman surprise.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #630  
My bottom of the line Woodmizer should be in by the end of July. :)
I ordered the WM LX25 today, and the wait time is 6 months! Fortunately, I have my Chinese bandsaw mill (which the LX25 will replace), and we just got the Lucas swing mill working.