Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #931  
At HD, 2x6x12 PT just dropped from 34+ to 24+ here. Still about double what it was before the jump up.

Bruce

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #932  
At HD, 2x6x12 PT just dropped from 34+ to 24
HD here in NS for that is $28CAN which is $22.43US so its roughly the same....still too much tho...........Mike

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #934  
I just bought a 4x8 sheet of 1/2” A/B marine grade plywood for a boat project I needed to finish. $104.89

:sick:
Dayumn. If anything would make me actually measure twice, cut once..... it's that price.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #935  
Dayumn. If anything would make me actually measure twice, cut once..... it's that price.
I took my time cutting and measuring that’s for sure. Made a cardboard template first, sealed the wood afterwards, the whole 9 yards, lol.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #936  
I keep checking prices and they haven't budged yet. One item I need is 2"x6"x8' treated, but I'll wait till the price comes down. Unfortunately I checked inventory at the Menards in this area, and they all have 2,000 - 3,500 of those in stock. That's going to take some time to get that sold and replaced with lower priced lumber.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #937  
I keep checking prices and they haven't budged yet. One item I need is 2"x6"x8' treated, but I'll wait till the price comes down. Unfortunately I checked inventory at the Menards in this area, and they all have 2,000 - 3,500 of those in stock. That's going to take some time to get that sold and replaced with lower priced lumber.
Well you raise an interesting question, in my mind anyway. Would Menards, or any other big box, really hold all of those particular boards hostage at the current price? I would guess not, that they are free to lower the price on those at any time, if demand is low, or cheaper replacement inventory is already on the way. It's not like if you took the last one of those 2000 2x6s, and then grabbed a new one from the next batch, that they would ring up at different prices at the register. The price is set per day regardless of what exact pieces of inventory are on hand... right?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #938  
I think if I was paying these prices I would measure thrice before cutting.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #939  
Lol yeah, and after a couple beers it becomes, measure thrice, cut twice. Just stay on the long side until it fits. :p

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #940  
In Alabama Lowes, 2x8x12 is $20.62
I have been watching 4x4x8 pressure treated for fence posts. I also need 2x6x16 pressure treated for railing. I purchased a full pallet load of 4x4x8 for $3.95 each a lot of years ago. I have used them all. The price here before this started was about $7.85. It went as high as $20 and stayed at about $18 most of the year. It is $11.57 today. And thousands on hand at Lowes. I wish the price would drop back down to below $9, but I don't think it will. After the mills have made this much money, they want to keep it high.
You made an error, but I fixed it. Like any manufacturer in the US, sawmills have been struggling for a long time. I don't believe that they're making as much as everybody thinks; prices are driven up by brokers further down the pipeline. Then everybody takes a slice of the pie from stump to retail store.