Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,341  
I am working on a 100 year old building now. I salvaged a 2X4 just to look at it and remind myself of the crap on the market today.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,342  
I am working on a 100 year old building now. I salvaged a 2X4 just to look at it and remind myself of the crap on the market today.
I recently had an approximately 90 year old barn demolished. 20x25. Logs for sills. It was beyond any salvaging efforts I could muster. That was some stout lumber. Likely from the last of the virgin long leaf yellow pine forest that blanketed the southeast from Virginia to Texas.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,343  

I understand this sentiment, I guess, but does everyone really think all new lumber is crap? I mean, the trees are younger, that is the main problem. But it's perfectly cut and smooth, zero knots, and they do try to align the grain for least warping. All the studs I've bought recently for my wife's SheShack have been excellent, to be honest.

BTW here is how my progress is coming on that front. It's a 12x20 cabin with a 4x12 front porch. A 2x10 floor deck built atop treated 6x6 runner resting on deck posts, to make it a "portable" shed and avoid zoning problems. Hopefully.

Today is OSB sheet day! Leaving work now to go blast away at it. Scored 13x lightly used, but perfect 7/16 OSB sheets for $150 a couple days ago.

3m6KVM4.jpg

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,344  
I am hoping that things hold together long enough for me to finally get the Woodmizer I ordered. It is scheduled for delivery in the first week of October. . .

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,345  
Hang in there a bit longer, if you can. I think you will be rewarded. The recent, precipitous drop of lumber futures is not fully factored into the price yet.
Agree.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,346  
OSB pricing at our local Home Depot dropped about 3.5% this week.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,348  
Almost affordable again, haha. $18.95 each here in michigan today.

I no longer care very much, since I finished sheeting my cabin build and used up every single one of my old, saved stock, except for one odd 7 footer and some little scraps. My years of hoarding paid off pretty nicely.

hLThkzD.jpg

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,350  
Here's the prices in Nova Scotia, all in CAN$:
1 USD = 1.29 CAN, so you clearly have more than just an exchange rate surcharge going on.