Yanmar 186D broken shaft

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft #101  
Today checked the valves, two of them had way more space compared to 0.20 as specified, adjusted them.

Also got all the injectors out, very easy, so I guess Im mister lucky here :)

One of the bolts was already loose...hmm....not good :(

The hardest part was to move the second fuel line out of the injector since there is a little too less space if you want to leave the air intake manifold on.

They all look like this:

View attachment 683396

What do you guys think, dirty, very dirty or ..... :) :)

Also checked the spray patterns, the way the diesel sprayed out, oh boy you cannot call that a pattern at all :)

Because the tractor is in use these days I put them back and will clean them later.

However the tractor started much better already, so I guess the loose injector made a compression leak.

Any tips on cleaning the injectors?

Sounds like good progress. I have seen youtube videos on rebuilding/raking injectors apart and cleaning them. I have not done so.
Ditto on rScotty’s caution about fluid injection expand that to any fluid under pressure not just diesel and not just from injectors, even cracking a line can cause a high pressure spray—caution is the only way to proceed.
Since the tractor is being used, consider a diesel conditioner that will also clean the fuel system. Due to changes in diesel production over the last 30+ years, a conditioner additive is probably a good ideal for these engines.

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft
Only used a .20 and .25 spacer so didn't measure the exact space on the valves, so hard to tell, guess more than twice, but of course not sure.

I suspect the loose injector causing compression leaks when cold.

I was aware of the injury risk, so I tested the injectors using a cardboard and off course got myself 100% out of the way from there!

The area I live in has lots of canals, lakes and boats, so contacting a marine engine repair shop might be a good idea!

Here's the torques:

Nozzle Torque.png

As I understand you have to be very careful on the injector parts , but what is exactly the case?
It needs to be very clean and is very fragile?

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft
The additives is also a good idea btw!