Yanmar FX32 fuses

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #1  

Peterchris

Tractor
Yanmar FX32D
I've been having a problem starting my tractor. Now, even with the battery charged, nothing happens when I turn the key left (for the glowplugs) or right. The four buss fuses that you can see on the left side behind the engine are all fine. Are there other fuses elsewhere? Or maybe I have a major wiring problem.

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #2  
Maybe one of the safety switches is bad or their wiring has come loose. I'd check those out first if you haven't already done so.

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #3  
I've been having a problem starting my tractor. Now, even with the battery charged, nothing happens when I turn the key left (for the glowplugs) or right. The four buss fuses that you can see on the left side behind the engine are all fine. Are there other fuses elsewhere? Or maybe I have a major wiring problem.
Check the wiring connectors on the clutch safety switch, I've experienced brush pulling the wiring from the switch connector more than once.

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #4  
Go through the manual to determine what safety switches you must satisfy. Anything preventing the seat from going fully down tells the tractor you're not sitting on it. Do you have a neutral safety switch? Did you accidentally leave the PTO engaged? If you have an HST transmission the pedal must be in a neutral position. Sometimes binding can prevent this.

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #5  
Go through the manual to determine what safety switches you must satisfy. Anything preventing the seat from going fully down tells the tractor you're not sitting on it. Do you have a neutral safety switch? Did you accidentally leave the PTO engaged? If you have an HST transmission the pedal must be in a neutral position. Sometimes binding can prevent this.

What manual. hahahaha It's a Gray Market machine.

We do have the FX32-FX42 Parts Manual in PDF now at the,
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Link in my signature below.

Otherwise, the closest manual to compare is a JD 70 Series.

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses
Back on this problem. Today I tried 'hot-wiring' the starter, and it turned.

I checked for a clutch safety switch, and could not find one. Also, no safety switch in the seat. And now the ignition switch problem has gotten worse: at first the glow plugs worked and the fuel valve opened, but now the glow plugs don't come on in the preheat position, and the fuel valve doesn't open any more. (I used to be able to hear it when I turned the key.) It seems like the problem is in the ignition switch. Has anyone in the forum ever worked on one? Is it difficult to remove?

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #8  
Sure, it could be the ignition switch; but it wouldn't be my first choice. First things first. I would double check the battery voltage across the terminals, but also from the starter solenoid to the engine. I always wiggle the cables to see if they are stiff, or corroded, or loose.

I would then test for voltage on the key switch contacts before you do anything else, and then, if voltage is present, check that you get voltage on the other wires when the key turns. Did you check the voltage at the fuse box, and across the fuses?

I tend to reduce these things to the basics, and wire trace. If it were me, if none of the above work, I would start at the fuel solenoid, or starter solenoid, and work back.

All the best,

Peter

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses
Thanks for those suggestions. I have the ignition switch out of the tractor, and it works in all the key positions. Tomorrow I'll check the voltages as you recommended. Thanks again!

/ Yanmar FX32 fuses #10  
I "THINK" the safety switch on the FX32 is behind a plastic console and it gets pushed by a tab on the clutch pedal.
Sometimes the screw adjusting ring backs off or loosens on the switch. You might have to remove the black plastic panel to get to it, and check the wires on it while you're in there.
Also there is no switch on the seat.
While you are at it, trace the negative battery cable to where it hooks unto the frame, unbolt it and wire brush the tractor ( frame and cable ).
Then clean both battery posts until they are clean and place them back on good & tight, also check the positive cable where it hooks up at the starter / solenoid.
Hopefully it starts...