Yanmar or Kukje?

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #21  
I can't name one off the top of my head, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't one. SR
I don't think common rail exists without direct injection.

I searched everywhere.

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #24  
I wonder if all Cummins engines are based on Onan designs even those built in-house. IIRC JD has contracted 2.9Ls to be built outside the US over the years. Like with tires & batteries a maker can 'label' the same product(s) under contract for various 'buyers'.

Bob Vila toured a Ryobi factory for TV. Just as we alternated Buick and Olds B & G-bodies on the final assembly lines (facts 40 & 4) there were Craftsman drills interspersed on the same assembly & final process lines.

Gee, could Kukje build Cummins engines and be able to use their tag on some under license? :unsure:

btw, pretty weak of me to occasionally hoot on Kubo (or Kioti) if the only bad thing about either brand is the color, and yes I know the only other color as cheap to make/buy is black.

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #25  
It is my understanding that Cummins purchased the Onan diesel many years ago. Cummins made some changes one of which was converting the from a sleeved block to a parent bore.

Someone on the forum may need to correct me but I believe the early Branson tractors named Century tractors carried the Cummins badge. Kukje discontinued using the Cummins name because of licensing costs to carry the name. Hopefully I not spreading internet folklore.

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #26  
I'm lost on which or how many Cummins there are, which were 'upgraded' to Cummins' design quality, which is/are in which Kukje, ... o_O

If Kukje is no longer licensed to use Cummins pattern what's in 'em?

/ Yanmar or Kukje?
No Branson dealer nearby? They offer a 16x16 fully synchronized transmission on the 20 series. Shuttle, main gears and also the range gears, all synchronized, which is a great feature.
Branson dealer is about twice as far away (90 miles), but I am looking at the 20 series as well. The dealership is about half way from my current home to our retirement property. It seems that TYM has more standard features than the Branson for the money, but the differences are smaller than versus most other brands. It will come down to value..what do I get for the money. (Not just featues, but dealership, convenience and ergonomics for me). It sounds like the engine model is the same, but different transmission. Hopefully I will have time to drive the Branson during Christmas break. Good part of teaching is lots of time during holidays.

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #28  
I must admit, I'm a fan of technology it sure makes life easier (in most cases).

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #29  
I must admit, I'm a fan of technology it sure makes life easier (in most cases).
Until it quits working...

Some of us keep our equipment until it's old, and may need parts to keep it going...

SR

/ Yanmar or Kukje? #30  
"If Kukje is no longer licensed to use Cummins pattern what's in 'em?"

Licensing pertained to Century using the Cummins badge on the tractor. Not what parts are used in the engine.

The A series comes in 3 and 4 cylinder configurations. I don't know the numbers but I suspect there are hundreds of thousands if not more in use world wide. They are found in tractors, forklifts and other machinery needing a small diesel engine. It would make no sense to have different internals whether labeled Cummins or Kukje. It would only complicate support. The individual engines have to be configured to fit the application. Bolt on externals such as alternators, waterpumps, exhaust systems ECT. vary between applications.