Yanmar Super Expensive?

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #71  
We've got a TC45 (not sure of the year perhaps 2006) that's Shibura built. It's been a great machine. 1300 hours only problem has been a safety switch that's flaky- preventing power to fuel pump on startup. ~$45 fix.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #72  
Those axle seals are right there where all kinds of things can get to them. Maybe not an issue with traditional farming in fields, but get in the wooly stuff and they can get torn up. And the worst is nylon bailing twine.

I have replaced front and rear seals. It is a big job, but I sure wouldn't pay $1100 to have it done!

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #73  
Those axle seals are right there where all kinds of things can get to them. Maybe not an issue with traditional farming in fields, but get in the wooly stuff and they can get torn up. And the worst is nylon bailing twine.

I have replaced front and rear seals. It is a big job, but I sure wouldn't pay $1100 to have it done!

The bearings blew, that caused the seals to rupture, the bearings not handling the load was the bigger problem. Dealer parts costs and labor rates.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #74  
The bearings blew, that caused the seals to rupture, the bearings not handling the load was the bigger problem. Dealer parts costs and labor rates.
Man you need to distinguish you are talking about your neighbor's LS here.

I glanced through that post and wth? I never heard of a a Yanmar with problems like that. All became clear when I scrolled up and found your prior post.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #75  
Man you need to distinguish you are talking about your neighbor's LS here.

I glanced through that post and wth? I never heard of a a Yanmar with problems like that. All became clear when I scrolled up and found your prior post.

Sorry I wasn't clear! This pic is the tractor that had the front axle problems. I only brought it up because LS was mentioned several times as a benchmark for prices, and LS produces tractors for New Holland. Also worth mentioning, Yanmar produces all of its drivetrain components whereas LS doesn't.

NH_tractor.jpg

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #76  
Blown bearings on a 55 sounds nasty. I know I've pushed my 32 pretty hard at times -

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #77  
I really enjoy working with my YT235C wouldn't
have any other tractor. Its too easy to operate! It
steers easier than our car! So far takes a whole
gallon of diesel fuel to operate for a whole hour.
Good or bad?? Don't know but seems to me to
be cheap to operate and its a comfortable ride
no back aches or leg/arm pains from operating
this tractor. Waiting on the quick hitch from Yanmar
I could get a cheaper one but Yanmar no modifying
and its a heavy duty unit and its make to fit the Yanmar
attachments and that's all I have is Yanmar attachments.
I like quality and well made equipment Some of the off
brand stuff don't look like it will last very long. Old saying
You get what you pay for
Actually waiting the the rebate because of being exmilitary
and when that comes in I just pay the difference and the
difference is the price of a cheap quick hitch!

willy

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #78  
I just read a book about the evolution of the farm tractor by CH WENDEL.
He describes EXACTLY what the problem is with Yanmar.
Back in the 1920's there were literally hundreds of great tractors being made, but, without dealership networks, the brands just died off.

The only survivors had, or purchased dealer/distribution somehow.
I see so little from Yanmar in the way of attempts at dealers,, I do not see how they will survive.

I love the Yanmar engines I have owned, and from what I have read,, if you are gonna trust a sailboat engine with your life, it better be a Yanmar.

c1mVYtL.jpg

If the tractor is anything like the engine,, it would be a good tractor.
BUT, for me, I have to buy knowing there is a dealer somewhere nearby,,,

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #79  
I see so little from Yanmar in the way of attempts at dealers,, I do not see how they will survive.

I love the Yanmar engines I have owned, and from what I have read,, if you are gonna trust a sailboat engine with your life, it better be a Yanmar.

BUT, for me, I have to buy knowing there is a dealer somewhere nearby,,,
Agree regarding dealers, and sailboats. Offshore tiny commercial fishermen, too.

If you don't mind doing your own work, come join us in the Yanmar (traditional) forum. No need to go to a pro, back in the day Yanmar designed everything to be owner-maintained. This is especially true of the YM series sold by Yanmar here before they departed the US market for some 20 years. With reasonable maintenance these models still work same as intended.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #80  
Make sure you compare apples to apples, The YT3 359 would be about the same as a Grand L 4060 from Kubuta or a 4060R from John Deere.