Yanmar Tractors

/ Yanmar Tractors #81  
You can criticize him all you want but he's got over 200,000 subscribers, more than any other channel covering tractors so he must be doing something right.
I've found him mildly annoying.

/ Yanmar Tractors #82  
That $50K* isn't much cheaper than a Cabbed MX5400.
*$50K for a "new 50hp Yanmar with a cab and every bell and whistle."

I'm surprised that the Yanmar isn't more expensive. Yanmars were traditionally priced higher than the competiiton. They are like JD that way. Maybe that has changed, but I wouldn't count of them always being less expensive.

It's difficult to compare some US business with some businesses styles in other countries. Kubota is a corporation like so many USA corps, but Yanmar is not. I'm not sure how it is structured today, but traditionally Yanmar was not a public company. When they first came to the US, it was as a privately owned business run a a group of extended families. Perhaps it still is.

The USA has similar businesses involved in media, but I can't think of any that are so much into large scale manufacturing.

Having a couple of acres as a hobby farm terraced into the side of a mountain is a goal for many Japanese living in a city. It's sort of similar to having a vacation house on a lake is here but with an aspect of patriotic public service in food production thrown in. Hence they have developed little tractors for little plots - but little tractors with many big tractor features.

Kubota seems more familiar to us because it is more like a publically owned US business - Kubota is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They sell stock in their public corporation and manufacture agriculture and industrial machinery for profit. All very understandable to business people here.
While Yanmar is more generally involved with food supply for Japan. They make a profit by being involved in providing food for a country with a third the US population but only 4% of the land area.

That explains why Yanmar is unequally divided into ocean shipping, fishing, aquaculture, and agriculture. They do make their own products in each of these areas and they also manufacture those products for profit as well. It's just a different way of doing the same thing.
rScotty

/ Yanmar Tractors
The people that live near the Coors
brewery will not drink this stuff its
terrible! They say if you knew where
the water came from for brewing you
would not drink it either! I very seldom
drink beer but like one once in awhile.
I don't drink bud YUK! Back in the 50's
Hamm's was the beer and liked to watch
the Hamm beer commercials but in late
1958 the onwers sold and it was a YUK
beer then. PBR was another one in the
50's. Blatz gave me a headache and
Schlitz gave me the *****. My friend
while I was stationed at Service School
Command Great Lakes IL we would
visit the Schlitz brewery and what a feast!
All kinds of different cheeses fresh baked
bread, sausages of course the beer was
free also but I didn't drink the beer but sure
enjoyed the food OH forgot the desserts
the tables must have been approx 12 ft long
as one very long table had nothing but desserts

willy

/ Yanmar Tractors #84  
I am not shocked. Not a fan of IPA, but that St. Louis swill is awful. If you like American style beers, there are better choices. Like many brands in the US, marketing is better than the product.

I'm more of a Stout, Porter or Belgian Tripple fan. Never get too hung up on one brand, there are so many good ones.
I tend to gravitate toward the wheats as I like the sweet malts.
For some reason, Heineken goes right thru me.
At one point, Genesee Cream ale was delicious but they changed the formula and it wasn't as good.
I shocked myself last month when I tried an Aperion Belgian ale. Pretty good if you like "fruity".
I like Bud because of the refreshing initial bite and the aroma is pleasing to me.

I also used to like Rolling Rock if you needed a glass of water that wasn't quite water. That's gone south as well.

But I concur, there is a gazillion of them but I tend to steer clear of the IPA's as I do cigars from Nicaragua.
To keep to the thread, once upon a time I was on my JD 750 (Yanmar) after coming from a house of a neighbor.
I felt funny and upchucked while driving the thing into the woods.
Only found out later that the neighbor , a few weeks before, had previously made a pass at my wife that she didn't tell me about so I figured he put something in my beer to get rid of me.
The JD 750 just kept going the entire time.

Last edited: