YM2210D wheel spacers

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #1  

Lyons1

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D Grey Market
I just bought a YM2210D grey market. So far it seems like a tight little tractor. I live on some really steep terrain. I turned around the rears and I am loading them with beet juice. I want to put some 4" rear wheel spacers on it. I cannot find anything. I found one fabricator but he is not making any for a while. Bora has a 15 week lead time due to steel shortages. Hoye Tractor does not have any. I am looking for a set or some information. I may try to find someone local to fab a set. I want to confirm my measurements so I don't spend a few hundred dollars and have them not fit. I have 9.5 x 24 wheels. It is a 6 bolt pattern. The hub measures 94mm, Wheel 95mm for the center. The bolt circle on the axel is measuring 94mm. Can anybody confirm that this is correct? If you have any leads on where I might be able to get some 4" spacers I would appreciate any info around buying, or making them. Also does anyone know of a more common tractor with the same bolt pattern ? John Deere, or US model Yanmar, Might be easier to buy a set for a US tractor with the same pattern. Thanks in advance....Don

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #2  
Do a search of this Yanmar section. There is a dedicated thread for wheel spacers. Plenty of images on how to make them yourself or how to find the bolt pattern to match a Ford, GMC, RAM or Jeep vehicles.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
Thanks!

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
I found one source for 4" and 6" wheel spacers for my YM220D but they are made out of aluminum. Is that strong enough for 9x24" wheels loaded with beet juice? Anyone out there use aluminum spacers on a larger tractor ? Seems like allot of stress on them where they attach to the hub.

Last edited:
   / YM2210D wheel spacers #5  
I found one source for 4" and 6" wheel spacers for my YM220D but they are made out of aluminum. Is that strong enough for 9x24" wheels loaded with beet juice? Anyone out there use aluminum spacers on a larger tractor ? Seems like allot of stress on them where they attach to the hub.

Aluminum is strong and less affected by corrosion. Your next question to the parts people is, what grade of aluminum are they using.

Then look at the chart on this page.

AL-5051 or greater with a half-hardness (H-32) or better.

Basically, any aluminum above the ratings of A36 steel for yield strength.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #6  
Can you share your source. Thanks

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
Aluminum is strong and less affected by corrosion. Your next question to the parts people is, what grade of aluminum are they using.

Then look at the chart on this page.

AL-5051 or greater with a half-hardness (H-32) or better.

Basically, any aluminum above the ratings of A36 steel for yield strength.
Thanks that was very informative. I did not realize how strong aluminum is....Learn something new every day..

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #9  
No question in my mind that the aluminum spacers will be plenty strong for the application.
However, you will be mounting the spacer between dis-similar metals—expect corrosion if you go this route.
At a minimum coat both mating surfaces of the spacer with a layer of anti-seize during assembly.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
No question in my mind that the aluminum spacers will be plenty strong for the application.
However, you will be mounting the spacer between dis-similar metals—expect corrosion if you go this route.
At a minimum coat both mating surfaces of the spacer with a layer of anti-seize during assembly.
Good point. Thanks