YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Kenmac,

Thanks for your advice. I really do appreciate it. But that 6 month parts and labor warranty was with the YM2000 that I had. A guy a couple miles up the road has it now and uses it regularly.

The YM2500 that I bought only came with a 30 day parts warranty. No labor was included, but they put a 'new' control valve assembly on for free, since I had problems with it the very first day I had it. But it still isn't fixed.

Aaron,

Yes, you have helped. I honestly didn't know that brand new 'expensive' tractors did that also. I'll probably be tearing it dow as soon as I get off this turn-around. I'll be ordering parts from you, along with a service manual, when I decide to fix it.

Thanks

Travis

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #22  
I can't remember .But I think the tractor I bought directly from fredricks had either a 90 day parts & labor or 6 mo parts & labor warranty. This type warranty may not be offered anymore or the person that you bought must not offer this same warranty. But, when I bought mine, I was told it had bumper to bumper warranty

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #23  
Bumper to bumper...........considering that tractors don't have bumpers, is that like the old 90 days or 90 feet warranty? :D

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Kenmac,

Have you had any problems with your tractor?

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #25  
Travis_R said:
Kenmac,

Have you had any problems with your tractor?

Only front wheel seal & bad tach. I didn't even return it for that very easy repair. Just had them send parts

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #26  
Travis my 2210 will leak down but it takes hours. I don't leave any thing up though. My front end loader don't leak down but I don't leave it up either. I did not think LMTC's story was appropriate but I did like the story. I myself did not picture you as he obviously did but I think the story itself is the best thing he has ever said on the forum. Doc...dead men do bleed... what hoot. good one LMTC.....good one. Now Travis I would say that if ur unit leaks down with a medium load in minutes that you should look into improving it. You do seem to have a valid concern and I think a pretty good attitude.....

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Kenmac,

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about a front wheel seal or bad tach either. I honestly don't even consider those as 'problems'.I would end up fixing them though.

Last edited:
   / YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Great,

I do try to be fair to people. There's always 2 sides to every story.

With my finish mower attached, it takes probably 5 minutes or less to leak down. Now granted, I always drop my implement to the ground when I kill the engine. I just know that its not supposed leak down, but I have to at least try to attempt to fix it- for my peace of mind.

Once i get off this turn-around, i'm gonna look in to it.

Thanks,

Travis R

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #29  
Well I don't always do thing right. Left a motor up in the air on my 2210 for 3 or 4 days.with the boom pole . Was working on my wife's lawn tractor last week it stay in the air for 2 days behind the 2210 .

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #30  
Well Giz I guess that is why they put that stop valve on there. So u can leave ur engine in the air while u cool ur wifes heels.......