You don't have a high speed Internet connection??

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #51  
My Comcast Saga continues... Order placed before Thanksgiving... get weekly construction updates to run down my driveway...

At this rate it may go in before I sell.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection??
My wife runs an internet business out of our house and needs unlimited data. There is no DSL where we are and wireless is way too expensive so we had a T1 line installed. It is about as fast as DSL but a lot more expensive. It does have unlimited data and can at least handle one computer streaming Netflix.

Seems like just yesterday-- back in the day of 28 & 56k modems that a T1 was considered to be ultra-high-end and extremely expensive.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #53  
My Comcast Saga continues... Order placed before Thanksgiving... get weekly construction updates to run down my driveway...

At this rate it may go in before I sell.

Be afraid. I waited and waited for my cable company to bring cable up a 900 ft driveway. The cable company charged me $1200 for the run. I expected the contractor to show up with a little Case or Ditch Witch vibratory plow since there is no reason to put the cable below the frost line. The contractor showed up with a Case 860, a 17,000 pound vibratory plow. Scared, I repeatedly warned the operator where my septic lift line was, and that lift line was only in 24" below the surface so that it can drain over ridge and that the path the contractor was going to put the cable in would pass over my lift line twice. After the operator nailed my lift line the first time I began videoing and recorded the contractor hitting my lift line a second time. His plow is in the ground a good three or four feet.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #54  
Be afraid. ... I repeatedly warned the operator where my septic lift line was ... After the operator nailed my lift line the first time I began videoing and recorded the contractor hitting my lift line a second time. His plow is in the ground a good three or four feet.
In the IT world they have a special technical term when the signal level suddenly drops to zero: Backhoe Fade.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #55  
I sure hope you made THEM pay for it, Eric.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #56  
I sure hope you made THEM pay for it, Eric.

I didn't charge them for regrading my driveway, but I did charge them for everything else. Here is the video I made spreading the new top soil after fixing the lift line (which I just discovered that the audio is now muted which had a Beatles song playing :roll eyes: )

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #57  
I am afraid as I'm 800 miles away and they will not commit to a on property date prior to the night before.

Have a great 'Virgin" path laid out...

Comcast said no... right down the middle of the driveway... power, gate intercom, lighting, and three very important clay lines to divert water are already in the driveway...

I have no desire to do business with them... the home is rented to a Doctor and he said no Comcast they are moving... so I committed to a multi year Business Line with web hosting at $280 per month...

Last week the Doc gave notice they can't wait any longer and will be out the end of April.

All the neighbors have Comcast and the former tenants set up a Skybridge which worked well 98% of the time... when it didn't they had to drive around to the neighbor to do a reset.

I'm 10 minutes from the steps of the State Capital and might as well be in the middle of nowhere.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #58  
former tenants set up a Skybridge which worked well 98% of the time... when it didn't they had to drive around to the neighbor to do a reset.
For a while I shared my DSL with the college student renting the granny cabin out back. I told her if the modem/router needs to be reset and I'm not around - toggle the whole house at the service entry breaker. :D

Only the clock on the microwave would be affected, no big deal.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #59  
Be afraid. I waited and waited for my cable company to bring cable up a 900 ft driveway. The cable company charged me $1200 for the run. I expected the contractor to show up with a little Case or Ditch Witch vibratory plow since there is no reason to put the cable below the frost line. The contractor showed up with a Case 860, a 17,000 pound vibratory plow. Scared, I repeatedly warned the operator where my septic lift line was, and that lift line was only in 24" below the surface so that it can drain over ridge and that the path the contractor was going to put the cable in would pass over my lift line twice. After the operator nailed my lift line the first time I began videoing and recorded the contractor hitting my lift line a second time. His plow is in the ground a good three or four feet.
Of course it always is a requirement to call Digger's hot-line in advance so you don't hit your power lines (usually plowed to a depth of 3' or more). Telephone/cable don't need to be trenched that deep (guessing 18" or so). Years ago I did accounting/tax work for a true entrepreneur that manufactured and sold those big satellite dishes and at the same time built home cable systems in the small towns using nothing more than a Honda 4 wheeler with some self-engineered knifing contraption (he ended up selling out to one of the majors for about $1,400 per subscriber) Dan satellite dish.png. Just for fun I decided to post a pix that my wife found recently of the dish he set me up with (I installed it). At the time I thought he was taking advantage of them but that was back in the days when I paid about $100/year for a broad programming package. Now I guess $1,400 gets paid back in a year or two.

/ You don't have a high speed Internet connection?? #60  
All the neighbors have Comcast and the former tenants set up a Skybridge which worked well 98% of the time... when it didn't they had to drive around to the neighbor to do a reset.
Sounds like they need a pair of Ubituity Nanostation Loco M2s. They will allow a wireless internet link and can be setup to reboot if they cant reach the other one after x minutes (mine at home are set to check every 5 minutes and reboot after 3 failed checks).

Aaron Z