You'll correct this.

/ You'll correct this. #31  
Coming up on 35 years this year but we have learned that we each have our lane. Working together is not one of them, wife has the talent to do the opposite of what I say, i.e. move back means hurry to stand under what ever I'm about to drop even if it a round bale over her head. Hold this means let go and "help". Don't touch I just welded it. means grab a hold of the red hot metal, throw it on the floor and then run away screaming. Wallpapering together ALMOST caused a divorce.
I have learned it's easier to either have my son help or figure out how to do it alone. Less headache and happier life, my daughter has her mom's talent as well.
Love her dearly but working together is hard NO. Wife does not like me to help in kitchen either, says something about being in the way all time. :cool:
Wow, amen brother! Glad to hear mine's not the only marriage that works EXACTLY like that! 17 yrs in my case :ROFLMAO: My wife is extremely intelligent and has lots of talents but working together on anything mechanical or following instructions or directions having anything remotely to do with spatial orientation invariably results in bad or possibly dangerous outcomes, high blood pressure, and fighting.

/ You'll correct this. #32  
Well glad to know I'm not the only one..... and my wife does tons of stuff I can't. We complement each other and it works for us, mostly......

/ You'll correct this. #33  
I just go out in the garage, work on stuff and other things that need to be done. I know how to correct this. And it will be hard. To re-place everything. This is the very definition of being long married. You let the wife make a mess of things and it doesn't matter. She is happy to set the tiles how she wants, off set, and no lines to follow. This makes her happy. Okay. She will never see the corrections done. Yet they will be done. And the final product will be exactly the thing she wanted in the first place. :)
Smart Man!

/ You'll correct this. #34  
Creating a nice looking random pattern has got to be an art. Quilters, roofers, and stone masons do a lot of that sort of design. Some do it right from the start and others - like me - are still trying to put up a dry stone wall that doesn't look like it was stacked with a dump truck.

Looking at your patio, I wonder if it would be easier to start from a corner than a side..... ?

rScotty

/ You'll correct this. #35  
Coming up on 35 years this year but we have learned that we each have our lane. Working together is not one of them, wife has the talent to do the opposite of what I say, i.e. move back means hurry to stand under what ever I'm about to drop even if it a round bale over her head. Hold this means let go and "help". Don't touch I just welded it. means grab a hold of the red hot metal, throw it on the floor and then run away screaming. Wallpapering together ALMOST caused a divorce.
I have learned it's easier to either have my son help or figure out how to do it alone. Less headache and happier life, my daughter has her mom's talent as well.
Love her dearly but working together is hard NO. Wife does not like me to help in kitchen either, says something about being in the way all time. :cool:
We're coming up on 48 years. We've learned that she has a way of doing things that are different from mine so we don't normally work together on a project. Every once in a while we do because it takes more than 1 person, so before we start, we discuss in detail what each person is going to do. If we have to turn something over, we discuss which way to roll it and how far, where it is to be placed, if on blocks, when the blocks are to be moved into place. etc. And we don't play board games or cards or anything where we compete against each other. I'm capable of cooking, doing dishes and laundry, but she does not like the way I do it, so I leave it up to her. It works for us.

/ You'll correct this. #36  
Women! Can't live with them and can't live without em !?
I never understood how they can go through this life without wanting to know what actually happens when they flip a switch or step on a pedal. I'm on my second wife (22yrs) and there seems no percentage in getting another one. :rolleyes:

/ You'll correct this. #37  
I'm still on my first and always tell her once is enough, I have no illusions of "training" another after my abject failure with this one. :p

/ You'll correct this. #38  
What Can It Hurt.jpg

/ You'll correct this. #39  
My wife has developed a weird deafness. She cannot seem to hear things like "It is behind you", "let go of the rope" " look out!"
Last Saturday we unloaded a round bale and rolled it into the pasture. When I was cutting off the wrapper I said to one of the cows "Working with Wifey is like working alone except harder."
My wife turned and asked what I had said "Talking to Bell, Hun, about getting into the bale." She stormed off.