Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,731  
I could probably find one but this one was rated for over 100 psi and had the set pint I wanted.
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,732  
I’m needing some help here. I’m back in the powerhouse to configure the low oil pressure switch for the Yanmar.
The switch is normally closed with no pressure and opens at 30+ psi. I have a time delay relay I think will do the job but I can’t wrap my head around it.
2 photos are attached one of the relay configuration and the other shows the connections to the AGS.
The yellow wire from the relay going to terminal 12 is the run signal and must have 12 or 24 volts applied for the unit to run. The other small yellow wire goes to an led light for status. So obviously the power to #12 must be removed if low oil pressure is detected to shut the engine down.
The relay timing can be adjusted from zero to 60 seconds.
Thank you
90cummins

Speaking from experience: I would suggest you try and avoid "glue" logic in the form of separate timers where possible. When things don't quite behave then headaches can occur.

I would connect things as follows: Only needs one of the ordinary relays you posted a photo of a week or so ago, I've added the pin numbers to my schematic.

20220713_195538.jpg

In its resting state there will be no "RUNNING" signal sent to pin 12 of the AGS until there is sufficient oil pressure to open the switch. I believe the AGS can deal with this by adjusting the Run Signal Hold Time appropriately:

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.04.17 PM.png

I'd do a cold start, noting the amount of time it takes from when you start cranking until the oil pressure switch opens: Then set the Run Hold Time perhaps a second or two longer than that to allow for a cold block and thick oil.

If this doesn't work, I'll have a ponder about adding some more smarts to control your RUNNING signal.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,733  
Thank you I’ll give that a try.
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,735  
I have no idea what a pull-up resistor is.
The #12 run input is only looking for the run signal which is 12v.
Time to stop trying to think eyes are crossing🙄
90cummins
Sorry, reflex-verbage, implying function..... could have just said "resistor" instead....

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/logic/pull-up-resistor.html

To define a default-state, you use a resistor to Pull Up a signal line to V+. Switching that line to ground "shows" the control line Logic 0.

Something like a 10K ohm resistor may be a place to start, for this pull up function.

Rgds, D.

#5,736  
My powers been out almost 24 hrs now. Have fridge, freezer and internet on my 2000i Honda.
3 important things covered, efficiently(y).

Hoping you aren't out too much longer..... bad storms your way, or just a local fault ?

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,737  
Was out 24 hrs. Tree fell on lines beside my property. There were a lot of outages from a storm, so took awhile to get to this one.

Going to install generator breaker and lockout in my panel, and ordered larger generator. How do people, that turn off their main know when power is back?

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,738  
Was out 24 hrs. Tree fell on lines beside my property. There were a lot of outages from a storm, so took awhile to get to this one.

Going to install generator breaker and lockout in my panel, and ordered larger generator. How do people, that turn off their main know when power is back?

waiting to have electrician or someone smarter than me to install

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,739  
Thanks drew, easy to install.

#5,740  
We may have had a few Power-back options posted (memory less than optimal, @ end of no A/C workday....), but I can't see going wrong with Reliance....

Let us know what you end up choosing for a new Gen BuckI..... with ongoing grid issues, more than just you will be shopping.....

Rgds, D.