Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,341  
For a while I maintained 3 sets of basic tools.
-at work
-at home
-at cottage
Mainly because: 1- fed up carrying back and forth, 2- always missing something or other.

LOL, I'm now retired and everything is at the same location but I'm still looking for 'that' tool.
It used to be that I'd recall exactly where what tool was but now days I sometimes even forget what tool I'm looking for, and LOL, wonder what I needed it for or why I'm there.

Age happens!
Me!
One day I'll have a screwdriver in my hand thinking "What the heck is this for?"

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,342  
For a while I maintained 3 sets of basic tools.
-at work
-at home
-at cottage
Mainly because: 1- fed up carrying back and forth, 2- always missing something or other.

LOL, I'm now retired and everything is at the same location but I'm still looking for 'that' tool.
It used to be that I'd recall exactly where what tool was but now days I sometimes even forget what tool I'm looking for, and LOL, wonder what I needed it for or why I'm there.

Age happens!

LOL! And don’t forget, one for the truck, one for the wife’s truck, and, best of all one for the tractor toolbox!

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,343  
Real Time Mini-Test overnight .....

Power dropped for about 5 seconds, maybe a few more, then restored. Gen started and ran for around a minute, then shut down.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,344  
I got to test my Generlink setup on Saturday with the Duramax XP12000EH generator for three hours saturday. It was the scheduled testrun in real life that worked out great.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,345  
LOL! And don’t forget, one for the truck, one for the wife’s truck, and, best of all one for the tractor toolbox!
Yep!---Tractor and Car have their own sets.
LOL, just found the one that I had in my travel trailer, now sold but kept the kit.

As to generator test runs----we have enough power outages here that test runs don't need to happen.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,346  
Real Time Mini-Test overnight .....

Power dropped for about 5 seconds, maybe a few more, then restored. Gen started and ran for around a minute, then shut down.
Can you program that dropout time, or is it fixed DI ?

Rgds, D.

#5,347  
I got to test my Generlink setup on Saturday with the Duramax XP12000EH generator for three hours saturday. It was the scheduled testrun in real life that worked out great.
Good capacity, and Generlink switching - nice combo !

Rgds, D.

#5,349  
its programmable from the dealers menu. comes factory set at 6 seconds.
Wasn't 100% sure if DI had a Generac or not.... makes sense that is where he's at....

Grid re-connects (meaning, utility-side) usually lockout after about 3 bounces, but I can see why Manual run can be useful for those occasional times the grid doesn't come back solidly for a while....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,350  
I plugged in the block heater on the generator

20211222_115448.jpg

20211222_115434.jpg

Just in case. 🤞
20211222_114624.jpg