Your towing rigs and trailers

aczlan

Super Star Member
Tractor
Case 480F LL, Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660
In the past the operator had me wait on the truck scale to load me. The last time the operator (not sure if it was the same guy) just had me weigh in and out and filled my trailer in the pit. I'm guessing that the loader doesn't have the scale, unless they added one recently. I believe the built-in scales are just a pressure transducer on the hydraulic system with a read-out that calculates weight based on pressure to the rams (which can be retro-fitted to most machines).
They will still have you weigh as the scales on the loaders are likely not certified for use in commerce like the truck scale is.

Aaron Z

crashz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Yes - the loader scales are based on the hydraulics. They boom and bucket have to be in a certain position to read. We have a scale on our Cat at work. Its amazingly accurate.

I know for a fact that all new Hyundai loaders have the scale system built into their software.

MoMower

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey GC1710.
I’m sure he has a scale, still takes skill. Huge Cat wheel loader at our local cement mill/quarry. Do still have to weigh in and out.