Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,871  
In the past the operator had me wait on the truck scale to load me. The last time the operator (not sure if it was the same guy) just had me weigh in and out and filled my trailer in the pit. I'm guessing that the loader doesn't have the scale, unless they added one recently. I believe the built-in scales are just a pressure transducer on the hydraulic system with a read-out that calculates weight based on pressure to the rams (which can be retro-fitted to most machines).
They will still have you weigh as the scales on the loaders are likely not certified for use in commerce like the truck scale is.

Aaron Z

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,872  
Yes - the loader scales are based on the hydraulics. They boom and bucket have to be in a certain position to read. We have a scale on our Cat at work. Its amazingly accurate.

I know for a fact that all new Hyundai loaders have the scale system built into their software.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,873  
I’m sure he has a scale, still takes skill. Huge Cat wheel loader at our local cement mill/quarry. Do still have to weigh in and out.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,874  
My new haul truck, pretty well equipped, '21 Ram, 2500 Tradesman. My first one in 30 years:D

0604211422.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,877  
Second haul with my Gatormade 10K trailer.

Heading to the farm for the weekend for a little rec time with my 1967 M151a1.

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpeg
    IMG_1550.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 159
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #3,878  
that's nice I miss my old 151A1 we use to ride in it a lot.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,879  
IMG_0220.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,880  
I had a question about a trailer. Kinda in the market for a trailer (sometime 2021) and have used lots of different trailers from tandem deck overs to utility carts. Never used a gooseneck.

Needs pulling 9500lbs plus the trailer.

The trailer that’s got my attention is the drive over fender trailer because one tractor I have is over 90” wide on the rear. View attachment 672383

Most the tractors I have can fit inside 82”. I have a Mahindra 5555 with a 7ft bush hog so the total rig is over 25ft. I was thinking the mega style ramps so I could let stuff hang off the rear a little if it’s too long to fit on the trailer or I’d be buying a 30ft trailer lol. Sure-Trac (I’m sure others also) has what they call a universal ramp which isn’t as long as the mega ramps. View attachment 672384

So I was thinking 14k, 22ft drive over fenders (102” wide) with the shorter mega ramps and 2ft dove tail. Thoughts? Seems this trailer would not only be cheaper than a standard deck over, lower loading height would be a plus and it’s 1000lbs plus lighter than deck overs I have seen. That 22ft trailer would be around 3500lbs. Lighter trailer is easier on the truck.

I don’t really want to go goose neck because I wanted a more universal trailer that’s capable of hauling my biggest tractors the few times a year I take them to shows or pulls. The rest of the time a standard equipment trailer works just fine.

Thoughts? Good idea or waste of money? Feedback if you have a similar trailer I’m describing.
I have the 17,000 GVWR / 22 ft. Wood Tilt Equipment Trailer with Fixed Front Deck and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_E7165 (2)_LI.jpg
    IMG_E7165 (2)_LI.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 122