Yt 359 steering

/ Yt 359 steering #1  

chevyman29

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
First let me start off by saying overall I'm really happy with this tractor.

But , has anybody figured out the fix for the steering ? If the front wheels are in the least bit of a bind it just won't turn .

Or if you have a load on the bucket .

Yes the front tires are filled with liquid. No squatting or half flat front tires.

Also it doesn't matter if the RPM is idle or wide open .

The least bit of a bind or a load and it's just not turning if your sitting still.

If I didn't have a jd 4520 sitting next to it that works fine I might not think nothing of it.

Dealer was no help .

I read about the issue from someone on this site , but I noticed it didn't seem to be wide spread.

/ Yt 359 steering #2  
I have 18 hours on mine, and easily 14 of it doing loader work moving heavy wet clay and 57 limestone. I have not experienced any issue with the power steering

/ Yt 359 steering
I have 18 hours on mine, and easily 14 of it doing loader work moving heavy wet clay and 57 limestone. I have not experienced any issue with the power steering
I appreciate the reply . Thank you.

That gives me hope that maybe it's something simple on mine.

When I get home I'll post up a video showing the issue

/ Yt 359 steering #4  
my yt 347 does the same thing.

/ Yt 359 steering #6  
I’ve had my YT347 for over 5 years and it has happened a few times to me. I alway have 1k lbs ballast on the back, maybe that prevents it.

Thats not my main issue with the tractor, it’s the frequent regens.

/ Yt 359 steering
That's a good point about the ballast wich I'm a firm believer in.

I've not had a Regen yet . But I've got maybe 20 hrs.

One thing I noticed the other day while using the auger , the boom on the auger will hit the rear remote valves if you lift it all the way up. Just by sheer luck I didn't kill mine the first time I raised it.

Just poor design on the placement of the valves.