YT235 down again!

/ YT235 down again! #111  
And when the dpf is gone the heat goes out the exhaust. Here's the deal... somebody, somewhere knows how to mod the program.

/ YT235 down again! #112  
And when the dpf is gone the heat goes out the exhaust. Here's the deal... somebody, somewhere knows how to mod the program.
1300 degree exhaust in a dry field could cause a fire. 1300 degree plus exhaust could melt your tires. 1300 degree exhaust could do many other things. Your tractor will not run better, it will experience problems. I will not argue with you, if you want to try it to see, that is your decision.

/ YT235 down again! #113  
DPF has pressue sensors, when the back pressure reaches a certain point it triggers a REGEN. Most tuners turn this off so no worries about excess heat, if you have a certain kind of tune that turns this function off, you will plug up the DPF pretty quick if it is still installed. Anyway recommend we do not discuss the D word. Never know who is watching.
It's not illegal to talk about illegal things.

/ YT235 down again! #114  
Btw, I have a 2004 Dodge Cummins diesel. It is the last year where the only emissions was egr in the cam profile. No dpf, no cat... from the factory. It produces 900 to 1300 degrees egt and in 18 years I have never had a tire catch fire. Gas engines can get even higher for short periods. 1400 to 1650 in wide open throttle... no tires burned.

/ YT235 down again! #115  
It's not illegal to talk about illegal things.
People are pretty paranoid about the emissions crap, but like you said, it's not illegal to talk about it. First amendment covers that. Heck, after the recent ruling concerning the EPA, it may not be illegal to do it before too long.

/ YT235 down again! #117  
I live in Texas. Relax. You sure you are responding to me? What regulator position did I quote?

Last edited:
   / YT235 down again! #118  
Btw, I have a 2004 Dodge Cummins diesel. It is the last year where the only emissions was egr in the cam profile. No dpf, no cat... from the factory. It produces 900 to 1300 degrees egt and in 18 years I have never had a tire catch fire. Gas engines can get even higher for short periods. 1400 to 1650 in wide open throttle... no tires burned.
Look at the location of your exhaust on the tractor and compare to the location of the exhaust on your truck. Also, no DPF, no regeneration cycles=no additional heat.

Last edited:
   / YT235 down again! #119  
DPF has pressue sensors, when the back pressure reaches a certain point it triggers a REGEN. Most tuners turn this off so no worries about excess heat, if you have a certain kind of tune that turns this function off, you will plug up the DPF pretty quick if it is still installed. Anyway recommend we do not discuss the D word. Never know who is watching.
The DPF also has temperature sensors and is triggered by time. As far as a tuner, not sure if they exist yet that can tap into that ECU. Perhaps, but can anyone name one?

/ YT235 down again! #120  
Look at the location of your exhaust on the tractor and compare to the location of the exhaust on your truck. Also, no DPF, no regeneration cycles=no additional heat.
Umm.. did you read the temperatures I listed coming out of the cylinders? Enough of this. Apparently you are on some mission. We're just talking here. No reason for anyone to get paranoid. To each his own. You are correct... no DPF, no regen. The program controls that. Programs can be edited. Warranties get voided.