YT3 GUIDE

/ YT3 GUIDE #1  

tractorred

Bronze Member
Thought this might be helpful to everyone with the YT3 tractor. Also regen's should not be asked for in those short of hours and if dealer is telling you it is fine, you need to tell him to call Yanmar and ask for a service person to come out, they have a person in the office specifically for issues in field or You could call Yanmar direct and ask for Rickey Walker, national service manager, tell him direct how disappointed you are.

Attachments

• YT3 GUIDE.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
   / YT3 GUIDE #2  
Yanmar Tractors regenerate for several reasons. The first reason is the one that everyone knows about and that is a time interval. For the YT359/YT347 that is at the first 50 hours and then every 100 hours. After that, there are two methods of detection that determine if the regen will occur.
The first is a differential pressure. This occurs when the soot builds up in the soot filter half of the DPF. This can be caused by excessive idle, low load factors on the tractor when running, improper oil, or improper fuel.
The second method of detection is a calculated method. This uses the amount of fuel consumed, temperature and detection from several other sensors to determine soot load. As mentioned above, the same factors can cause this to be calculated high.
Occasionally there is a failure of a sensor within the system that causes excessive regeneration, but that isn't common.

/ YT3 GUIDE #3  
Thought this might be helpful to everyone with the YT3 tractor. Also regen's should not be asked for in those short of hours and if dealer is telling you it is fine, you need to tell him to call Yanmar and ask for a service person to come out, they have a person in the office specifically for issues in field or You could call Yanmar direct and ask for Rickey Walker, national service manager, tell him direct how disappointed you are.

Totally agree with you on the regens. I assume you're commenting on my regen thread, My YT347 has been regenning every 10-13 hours even with me running it at or above 2200 rpm. I have been working with Yanmar on the issue. It was at the dealers and Yanmar said it was averaging 1550 RPM which can't be true, Last time I spoke with the Yanmar Tech, he said try running it above 2500 rpm and see what happens. So that's where I am now. I have been doing backhoe work with it and running at 2500 rpm; I'll see what happens, Thanks for mentioning Rickey Walker, national service manager's name, that will be my next step.

/ YT3 GUIDE #4  
Some one have a phone number for: Rickey Walker, national service manager??

willy

/ YT3 GUIDE
Some one have a phone number for: Rickey Walker, national service manager??

willy
Willy, It took a little work but here is his office number 770 - 877 - 7751

The number for the tech line is 855 - 416 - 7091 follow the prompts

I know if I spent 30 or whatever the cost and could not get an answer for an issue that I feel is not right & I feel that I have deflated all other avenues, I would want to go direct to the manf myself,

/ YT3 GUIDE #6  
Tractorred, Thank you for taking the time to get the
phone numbers for me. You didn't add where you be
and what kind of tractor you have etc????

Have a very pleasant day

willy