Zd tires

/ Zd tires #1  

turbo246

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota zd1211
Looking to replace factory zd1211 tires. 26x12-16. Looking for something aggressive for traction. Don’t want to fill the tires for weight because I’m putting bagger on it.
Possibly bar tires but it’s not common size

Thanks

/ Zd tires #2  
I changed the stock tires on my Ferris IS3200Z out to Maxxis Vipr 26x11x12s a couple of years ago. Same height, plenty aggressive, 6 ply, and also radials; they ride a lot better than the stock bias tires did. Only downside is they can tear up the grass if you turn too aggressively, and they are $$$ for a mower tire. If I recall, they were around $150 per tire at the time, not sure what they are these days though. You won't get stuck or spin much though.

/ Zd tires #3  
Is it physically possible to go to a 12in wheel so you can run the common 26x12-12 tires? I thought they went to the low profile more for handling reasons, havent looked at one close enough to see if it can fit the smaller wheel.

/ Zd tires #5  
I went with bar tires and they work, but man you have to be careful or they tear it up. I may look at some of the middle of the road tires in between turf and bar.

Attachments

• 8247793D-3606-44D2-995C-C20FFCB09B27.jpeg
    8247793D-3606-44D2-995C-C20FFCB09B27.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 292
   / Zd tires
The problem is finding them in oem size for zd1211

Last edited:
   / Zd tires #7  
I went with bar tires and they work, but man you have to be careful or they tear it up. I may look at some of the middle of the road tires in between turf and bar.

Those look like the same rear tires I put on my Toro Titan HD 2000 (60"). The only time I have issues with marking the ground is if it is too wet. Slightly damp to dry and few marks. I made more marks in the yard with the crappy turf tires than I do with the bar tires.

I have to be patient and let the ground dry out a good week if we get more than 2" of rain.

/ Zd tires #8  
I put 13gals of fluid in each of my turf tires for added traction on my hills & banks.

Still gets stuck in wet places some tho.

Last edited:
   / Zd tires #9  
I put 13gals of fluid in each of my turf tires for added traction on my hills.

Still gets stuck in wet places some tho.

No problems with my ZD331 getting traction on hills. Lighter than the newer ones, but extremely powerful. Just cut my big customers place yesterday. Its so steep, they cant find anyone to cut it. :laughing:
I zip right up and down that hill like it was nothing. Havent had to add weight, and honestly, I dont want to put more stress on things by adding fluid. If I did, it would make deeper ruts when its a little wet.

Its no mystery, its all in the tires and the operator.

/ Zd tires #10  
I should have stated my steep “banks”

My ZD climbed my hills & banks fine with dry tires but would not get traction easing DOWN my banks forward OR back Up them.

And wet or damp grass was even worse.

The 100lbs per tire solved my problem :thumbsup: