CLEVELAND, April 4, 2013 — Cub Cadet, the leader in the outdoor power equipment industry, is pleased to debut a world-wide first – the only fully electric-powered zero-turn riding lawnmower with steering wheel control and four-wheel steering. An extension of the proven, award-winning RZT S line, the incredible new RZT S ZERO electric zero-turn rider offers premium performance, with the benefit of zero noise, zero gasoline or oil, zero gasoline emissions and zero cumbersome lap bars. Beginning in April, homeowners in select markets will have the opportunity to experience this ground-breaking new product at select dealers and as part of the Cub Cadet Test Drive Experience Tour.
In 2012, the Cub Cadet RZT S line revolutionized the mowing experience by delivering superior results and unmatched maneuverability as the first zero-turn riding mower to offer four-wheel steering controlled by an operator-friendly steering wheel. Every aspect of the ZERO builds on the superior performance consumers have come to expect and defines Cub Cadet’s approach to smart innovation. Now, with the ZERO, homeowners can expect to get something more from the ZERO … less. In fact, the ZERO lives up to its name by definition: zero engine noise and engine maintenance, zero gas, zero oil, zero oil filters, zero belts, zero heat in the operator’s station and most importantly, zero hassle.
“When you start the RZT S ZERO, it’s shockingly silent even when you engage the blades,” said Jeff Salamon, Cub Cadet director of marketing. “The stealth-like performance of the ZERO is just one of the benefits that amaze consumers who drive it. The ZERO represents where the fast-growing zero-turn rider category is headed and with the ZERO’s high performance electric technology, it proves that sometimes it is what you don’t get that’s most valuable.”
Consumers who tested the ZERO were delighted with the benefits of this new technology. Sample statements include*:
- “I can mow at 6 a.m. and not worry about bothering my neighbors.”
- “I can mow early in the morning or late in the afternoon and avoid the heat of the day.”
- “I’ll save time by not having to drive to the gas station or store and back.”
- “It’s cost effective all the way around.”
- “You really can turn on a dime.”
- “After driving this, I don’t want anything else.”
- “It feels good knowing that I am doing something to reduce gasoline emissions.”
The all-new RZT S ZERO offers homeowners these smart benefits:
- Convenience: With zero noise at start-up and amazingly quiet performance while cutting, the ZERO allows homeowners to mow any time, day or evening, without disturbing neighbors.
- Stability: The only electric zero-turn with four-wheel steering and steering wheel control – offering unmatched traction and stability on hills, allowing consumers to confidently mow on challenging terrain.
- Power: The ZERO’s advanced direct drive power management system provides plenty of dependable, consistent power for a full 60 minutes of continuous cutting with no power fade. Just plug the battery in overnight, and the ZERO is charged and ready to go the next day.
- Results: An advanced cutting deck designed with optimum airflow and blade overlap delivers the beautiful results of the Cub Cadet Signature Cut.
- Comfort: Features like cruise control, high-back adjustable Cub Comfort™ seat and SmartJet Deck Wash add to the exceptional experience of owning and operating a ZERO. The noise reduction of being electric-powered provides a more enjoyable and relaxing lawn mowing experience.
With benefits unlike anything else in the industry, the ZERO is truly a look into the future of lawn care.
“As many have come to expect, Cub Cadet is moving the industry forward,” Salamon added. “And we’re proud to do it in the U.S. In fact, the entire RZT S line, including the ZERO is manufactured at our plant in Martin, Tenn. The smart, American ingenuity that brought this one-of-a-kind, fully electric zero-turn riding mower to life is unmatched. In fact, zero others even come close.”
The all-new RZT S ZERO is available in select markets and will be headlining the Cub Cadet Test Drive Experience Tour. For more information about Cub Cadet’s complete line of premium quality outdoor power equipment and to find a Tour event location near you, visit http://www.cubcadet.com/ontour. To join the conversation, follow Cub Cadet at: