CHeap chainsaw?

/ CHeap chainsaw? #51  

We went back to Sears yesterday. My wife was looking for something, I can't remember what. I wandered back to the tool area and to my amazement the Poulin 14" chain saw was still there. :eek::eek:

(it was kind of tucked away in a corner, not where I would put something that I wanted to sell):cool:

To my amazement they had marked it down further to $59.93. :)

I had recently purchased a "universal" chain saw case on clearance from Sears for $5 with the thought of using it for my Husqvarna. Is it turned out the Husqvarna saw power head is about an inch to long to fit in the box.:(:(

Hmmm this was meant to be then. :confused:

The poor orphaned Poulan followed me home and it fits in the Craftsman saw box like it was made for it. It actually was since Poulin makes many of the Craftsman saws. :D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• DSC02958.JPG
    DSC02958.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC02959.JPG
    DSC02959.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 188
   / CHeap chainsaw? #52  
If I could get rid of the tool less tensioner, I'd be fairly happy with my Poulan Pro. Good deal on that saw. :)

/ CHeap chainsaw? #53  
If I could get rid of the tool less tensioner, I'd be fairly happy with my Poulan Pro. Good deal on that saw. :)

Yes I know what you mean. I don't know why they feel compelled to design:D:D something to fix a problem that isn't a problem, I have avoided all the saws with that feature including the newer Homelites!

/ CHeap chainsaw? #54  
I just got a Rural King flyer that has factory reconditioned Poulan Pro 20" 46CC saws for $89.00.... on Thanksgiving day only. :rolleyes:

/ CHeap chainsaw? #55  
I had recently purchased a "universal" chain saw case on clearance from Sears for $5 with the thought of using it for my Husqvarna. Is it turned out the Husqvarna saw power head is about an inch to long to fit in the box.:(:(

My 372xp fits in the husky box easily with a 20" bar,your dealer should have them,and lowes stocks them here as well.Husky makes a 24" bar sleeve for there box as well,but its separate.I didnt try my big 395xp,but i dont think it will fit in the box,and id need to take the 32" bar off as well.I like using the boxes for transport,it keeps the saws from getting tosses around.

/ CHeap chainsaw? #56  
Forgot to mention a side benefit of the husky box,it happens tofit perfectly in the grapple of my skid steer! It fits snug,like it was made for it.This makes it easy to take 2 huskys out on the woods with me,my 372 and 345.

/ CHeap chainsaw? #57  
Forgot to mention a side benefit of the husky box,it happens tofit perfectly in the grapple of my skid steer! It fits snug,like it was made for it.This makes it easy to take 2 huskys out on the woods with me,my 372 and 345.

Thanks fot the information about the Husky box.:cool:

I would prefer the plain black wrapper of a craftsman box, knowing that most Craftsman saws are identical to Poulan's and some low life would probably be less inclined to snatch it out of the back of my truck than an orange box that says Husqvarna or Stihl on it. For what he could get for a Poulan he could only party for a day. For what he coulld get for XP Husqvarna or a Stihl he could party all week:eek::eek:

Last edited:
   / CHeap chainsaw? #58  
Holy Guacamole! A 395?!? What are you cutting? That is a HUGE saw!

I just found out my old Husky appears to be an early '70's 1100CD 100cc saw. It is a rip snortin beast...

I didnt try my big 395xp,but i dont think it will fit in the box,and id need to take the 32" bar off as well.I like using the boxes for transport,it keeps the saws from getting tosses around.

/ CHeap chainsaw? #59  
For some reason I couldnt load pics this morning.It let me now though...heres a few of the saw case in the grapple,and then the 395.
I think the 395 is my favorite saw,because theres nothing it can't do....the 372 has its work cut out for it with the 28" bar,even with a skip tooth,the big boy 395 doesnt even care about the 32" bar on it.:D

Attachments

• grapple saw case.jpg
    grapple saw case.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 157
  • grapple sawcase 2.jpg
    grapple sawcase 2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 125
  • oak round 2 resize.jpg
    oak round 2 resize.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 154
  • !CID__downsized_1119091048.jpg
    !CID__downsized_1119091048.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 178
   / CHeap chainsaw? #60  
For some reason I couldnt load pics this morning.It let me now though...heres a few of the saw case in the grapple,and then the 395.
I think the 395 is my favorite saw,because theres nothing it can't do....the 372 has its work cut out for it with the 28" bar,even with a skip tooth,the big boy 395 doesnt even care about the 32" bar on it.:D
I think that saw has a bigger engine than my tractor! :p