2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #31  
Maybe best to find out first where the oil leak is and see what it would take to repair it.....

Just saying

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #32  
Here you go;

It has been great to have for me.

All the best,

Peter
Mine arrived from Amazon in an outer plastic shipping bag, a thin cardboard box, and the fittings inside a divided plastic storage box. The corner of the storage box was broken from shipping and some of the interior plastic dividers were also broken. I'm thinking about returning it for a replacement because I can see the value of keeping them organized in the plastic storage box, although it looks a little thin, IMO.

Are you still able to use the box that yours came in or do you have some other storage solution?

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine
Mine arrived from Amazon in an outer plastic shipping bag, a thin cardboard box, and the fittings inside a divided plastic storage box. The corner of the storage box was broken from shipping and some of the interior plastic dividers were also broken. I'm thinking about returning it for a replacement because I can see the value of keeping them organized in the plastic storage box, although it looks a little thin, IMO.

Are you still able to use the box that yours came in or do you have some other storage solution?
Mine's supposed to be here tomorrow.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #35  

If I didn't keep it in the box that I bought it in, it would get messy here.

OTOH, yes, it is a cheap box, and perhaps a higher quality parts box is the best solution.

All the best,

Peter

I'm starting to collect these types of storage boxes from Harbor Freight. Kinda handy.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #38  
Looks like the dimensions of the HF case are bigger than those of the case that came with the caps.

If Amazon had just shipped the case in an outer box with some padding instead of shipping it in an unpadded plastic bag, I think it would have arrived unbroken and would have been fine for my occasional use. It seems well labeled and organized.

I hope they shipped yours in an outer box with some padding.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #39  
Looks like the dimensions of the HF case are bigger than those of the case that came with the caps.

If Amazon had just shipped the case in an outer box with some padding instead of shipping it in an unpadded plastic bag, I think it would have arrived unbroken and would have been fine for my occasional use. It seems well labeled and organized.

I hope they shipped yours in an outer box with some padding.
They did not ship mine with padding, and it made it. Then again they shipped a tube of caulk in just an envelope and the tip broke off in shipping...

@MossRoad, what do you think of those boxes?

All the best,

Peter

They did not ship mine with padding, and it made it. Then again they shipped a tube of caulk in just an envelope and the tip broke off in shipping...

@MossRoad, what do you think of those boxes?

All the best,

Peter
The boxes are OK.

I have Stanley storage boxes at my job. They have 4 latches on them. Two in front and two on the sides. But they have removable dividers, and I don't like them so much. The dividers tend to move when you don't want them to.

I have a Dewalt box for my drip irrigation stuff. It's pretty sturdy and locks nicely. It also has the removable dividers. But it's pretty expensive compared.

The Harbor Freight boxes only have latches on the front. They are more prone to accidental dumping if loaded with heavy nuts and bolts. So I make it a habit to keep one finger holding the lid down. But they have individual boxes inside of them VS the removable dividers. I find those more useful. I can arrange them more to my suiting, and even pull one out instead of taking the whole box. Also, on a few of them, I've swapped some of the small inner boxes for larger boxes between units. That's handy. 4 smaller inner boxes take up the same space as two medium inner boxes or 1 large inner box. So for example, I have one case for electrical connectors, automotive fuses, etc. They don't need the large inner boxes. So I have many smaller ones in that case. Then I have a case for screws. Those work better with the larger inner cases.

Works out well for my needs, and pretty inexpensive.