Eureka Fluid Film

/ Eureka Fluid Film #51  
I checked Flagstaff area on our dealer locator and no retail dealers within 30 miles. That's a problem. I think I may know a place where you can order a couple cans on the internet until we open a dealer in your area. :D
Fluid Film order online with free shipping.

I ordered the #1 assortment from them (Kellsport) November 1st. It came on the 4th, and the shipping was free.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #52  
How about using Fluid Film on the exposed hydraulic cylinder rods on a JD FEL when it is off of the tractor. All four rods are exposed, so I would assume that FFwould protect them....but if used frequently, how about the effect over time of small quantities being carried into the cylinder and mixing with the hydraulic oil?

/ Eureka Fluid Film #53  
but if used frequently, how about the effect over time of small quantities being carried into the cylinder and mixing with the hydraulic oil?
I really doubt enough would get past the seals to make a difference. ;)

/ Eureka Fluid Film #54  
I've used FF now for a couple of years. Works great as a rust preventive product. I have used it on my truck, and it has stopped any small amount of underbody rust. My 04 looks better underneath than some 08's!

It also a great spray lube. Good on door hinges, tail gates, cables, etc.

Smell is a little funky though. Don't use it indoors or SWMBO will be upset!

/ Eureka Fluid Film #55  
Bob,

I'm on my 5th can of FF.

My only complaint is the limited options to purchase it and the higher price.

I've been thinking about buying a full gallon next time, but I can't seem to find much information about spraying it. Can I use a standard air sprayer? Can it be thinned, and if so with what and how much?

I use it for:
Rust proofing tools.
On the tractor, it lubes and protects any thing that moves on the 3PT (pins, balls, toplink, sidelink, stabilizers, etc). Also, shift links, pto shafts.
On my sunfaded mailbox, it will make it glossy for most of the summer.
On the RB I used for removing snow last winter, it kept the snow of sticking.
On the headlights of my truck, bugs don't seem to stick as much.
Bicycle chains.
Cresent wrench adjustment mechanisms.
Just about any cheap tool that is likely to rust, which makes me wonder...

Have you contacted Harbor Freight about carrying your product? ;)

To me, the smell is great...especially compared to PB.

With the last batch of rain that came through, I'm reminded that I've got some spraying to do this weekend.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #56  
You might find this interesting, I did.
Fluid Film Spray Gun Images

I then decided to by 1 of their assortment kits. I went for #2 since you get the sprayer and an extra quart container. Since the gallons never go bad 2 gallons could last quite a while depending on how much spraying I do. Not to mention that shipping is included on all of the kits.

Eureka Fluid Film Assorted Kits.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
Bob,
I'm on my 5th can of FF.
My only complaint is the limited options to purchase it and the higher price.
I've been thinking about buying a full gallon next time, but I can't seem to find much information about spraying it. Can I use a standard air sprayer? Can it be thinned, and if so with what and how much?
On the headlights of my truck, bugs don't seem to stick as much.
Bicycle chains.
Cresent wrench adjustment mechanisms.
To me, the smell is great...especially compared to PB.

Hello SR,
Thanks for using the products. When you consider that Fluid Film has no solvents (just a small bit of propellant), and never dries, so it continues to work for a very long time....ut's a great value for the money. In fact, I've had some people tell me that they picked up our little sample can at a trade show and it lasted a couple years.
Can I use a standard air sprayer?
Most paint sprayers work well. An undercoating gun is excellent.
Can it be thinned, and if so with what and how much?
Warm it to room temperature and agitate vigorously first. It should be thin enough. Fluid Film is thixotropic and will thicken as it sits.
"Thixotropic"= the property exhibited by certain gels of becoming liquid when stirred or shaken.
If you still want to thin, use a small amount of vegetable oil and mix.
Have you contacted Harbor Freight about carrying your product?
We are working on adding news dealers every day. It's incredibly dificult to get a major retailer to pickup a new product. We'll get there.:)
To me, the smell is great...especially compared to PB
I don't mind the smell at all. Most people say it doesn't bother them. But it does linger.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
You might find this interesting, I did.
Fluid Film Spray Gun Images
I then decided to by 1 of their assortment kits. I went for #2 since you get the sprayer and an extra quart container. Since the gallons never go bad 2 gallons could last quite a while depending on how much spraying I do. Not to mention that shipping is included on all of the kits.
Eureka Fluid Film Assorted Kits.

Thanks Jim,
Since they came up with that #2 undercoating kit it's been a huge winner. People like free shipping. I buy almost everything on the internet and I know that I hate to pay shipping charges. Especially since a lot of companies mark up the shipping costs and actually profit from it. Or they add a "handling charge". I usually click off the site as soon as I see a handling fee. I hope that kit works out good for you. :)

/ Eureka Fluid Film

Eureka has a salesman that presents the line to many of the national accounts. It's difficult because there is a lot of competition out there. Fluid Film does not have the name recognition yet that some of the others have. Although he did tell me the other day that there has been some interest from a national tractor retailer that does not sell tractor's. ;)