Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #101  
What if I have a truck with a GVWR of 19k towing a trailer with a GVWR of 10k. What do I need then?

In the State Of Maine, you would need a class-B lic. when you connect a trailer to a vehicle in Maine, you must register that vehicle for the combined weight of Vehicle&Trailer. 19,000 + 10,000 = 29,000 = class-B. Unless the trailer is a camper.

David

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #102  
In the State Of Maine, you would need a class-B lic. when you connect a trailer to a vehicle in Maine, you must register that vehicle for the combined weight of Vehicle&Trailer. 19,000 + 10,000 = 29,000 = class-B. Unless the trailer is a camper.

David
Nope.

Class B is for GVWR north of 26k right?

My math says that 19k is less than 26k.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #103  
Nope.

Class B is for GVWR north of 26k right?

My math says that 19k is less than 26k.

WRONG!!

Do some research in Maine Motor Vehicle Law Title 29-A Sec. 501 and 504.

David

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #104  
Last edited:
   / Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #105  
What part is wrong? :rolleyes:

29A 501-504 all has to do with registration. Not Drivers license. :rolleyes:

I bumped this thread for DSGSR.

Kubota M59 and Trailer, Weight ? - Page 6 - TractorByNet.com

Why do you think you need a class B? Because of the trailer under 10k or because of the combo over 26k?

Because of the combo over 26k.

I can't and am not going to try to fix your STUPID. You are the one that doesn't get it, The FMCSA is A guideline for all the states in the Union.
Each state has to follow (AT LEAST) those rule (BUT) can make more rules of their OWN.

David

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #106  
Because of the combo over 26k.

I can't and am not going to try to fix your STUPID. You are the one that doesn't get it, The FMCSA is A guideline for all the states in the Union.
Each state has to follow (AT LEAST) those rule (BUT) can make more rules of their OWN.

David

Stupid eh? Is that called for?

You need a class B when the GVWR is over 26k.

In my example the GVWR is not over 26k. Stupid huh? Try math or english class again.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #107  
I think what is being said is that the combination is oer 26,000 which does require the cdl. the towing vehicle alone by the example is at 19,000# which won't require a cdl until the trailer is hooked to it. I have a cdl for a truck rated for 17500 and trailer at 10,000. My workers can drive the truck without the cdl but when towing cdl is required unless the trailer is rated for 8,500# or less.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #108  
I think what is being said is that the combination is oer 26,000 which does require the cdl. the towing vehicle alone by the example is at 19,000# which won't require a cdl until the trailer is hooked to it. I have a cdl for a truck rated for 17500 and trailer at 10,000. My workers can drive the truck without the cdl but when towing cdl is required unless the trailer is rated for 8,500# or less.

Capt that combo doesn't need a CDL. While it is over 26k in combo the trailer is not over 10k which is the over half of the requirement to need a class A.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #109  
in arkansas if its a one ton truck with trailer and its a comercial and that includes landscapers hauling a back hoe you must have a cdl .each state is differnt

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #110  
in arkansas if its a one ton truck with trailer and its a comercial

It's not that simple. You have to reach certain weight cutoffs for example.

and that includes landscapers hauling a back hoe you must have a cdl .each state is differnt

Minus Cali not really.