How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #11  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

If a dealer can not be bothered give me a price quickly or fails to call me back I simply go to a different dealer and never return

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #12  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

I agree. And getting a price on Whole Goods would take 60 seconds at the most.

Good price on your purchase!!!! May I be nosey and ask what you are buying??

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #13  

if a dealer dont call me back the same day or the next day iusually move on.now most dealers i deal with know i dont like waiting on them to call back.so if they want to make a sale they usually get back to me quick.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

If a dealer can not be bothered give me a price quickly or fails to call me back I simply go to a different dealer and never return

It's tempting here. No call back is pretty insulting. Probably won't go there again.

I agree. And getting a price on Whole Goods would take 60 seconds at the most.

Good price on your purchase!!!! May I be nosey and ask what you are buying??

It only took the new guy 30 seconds to give me a price. .

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #15  

It's tempting here. No call back is pretty insulting. Probably won't go there again.
And he did it to you not once, but twice

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

Just ordered the stuff and added some accessories. New guy is going to bring it out.

EDIT.."Whole Goods" is the ordering method and the same way you get a tractor price and order. From the "Whole Goods" price book as opposed to the "parts" book I guess. The brand name is a major manufacturer.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #17  

A day, maybe 2 at most then I move on. But in the meantime I'm still calling and checking other places out as a backup.
Had a guy come and adjust an out of whack garage door this summer. We looked at another door on the property and decided to go with a new style opener for it. Told him I had the cash, get it coming. That was now over 2 months ago and I never heard from him again. So if he comes calling with that opener one of these days, he can back out of my driveway and look for someone else to sell it to.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #18  

It's just the times we live in. You have to hound almost anyone for anything.

When I try and talk to sales people and the receptionist (a rarity these days) asks if I want their voice mail, my blood boils. I ask to hold, and they keep coming back to ask if I still want to hold. I tell them, I would rather wait an hour on hold, then wait forever, for a call that will never be returned! They just don't get it!

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #19  

On a purchase I am thinking about but unsure I will wait for 3 days. If its something I will be ordering ASAP I want that price within the next 3 hours.. We make it a habit to be clear with the dealer/salesman about what is going on and don't take excuses very lightly. I am also the type that will drive into your lot on the way back from picking up that attachment from the other dealer when you mess up and don't call me in a timely manner just to let you know you lost the sale.

My last snow blower purchase went like this

Monday 9 am call dealership and let them know I wanted this snow blower. Will order as soon as I get the price

Tuesday no call back yet!

Wends. 9 am call two dealers within 2 hours drive that are listed on factory website as dealers for prices
wends. 10 am call the second place back and order the blower and was told he had it in stock, when would I like to pick it up !

Fri. 6am leave shop with truck and trailer to go get new snow blower
Fri. between 7 am and noon time dealer one left message on my phone with a price
Fri. after having a nice breakfast with the wife, taking a nice relaxing drive stopping at a couple places the wife felt interesting enough to stop and check out
we arrived at the first dealers lot with our new snow blower on the trailer just to let him know we wouldn't be needing the price any more.

He greeted
me at the door with a smile as he told me he left a message on my phone this morning. After the words came out he lost that smile because he saw
the new blower as I cleared the doorway!

He has been very impressive at getting back to me with prices ever since because his boss wasn't very impressed with his lost sale on a good customer who has a bad tractor and attachment addiction!

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #20  

Maybe things are different in Canada. It seems like half the country is unemployed and those that are employed, are run off their feet. As long as a guys phone is ringing, he is never going to answer his VM and at quitting time, he's gone. He's overworked and underpaid. Why stay one minute longer? The guy that works extra hard and long, doesn't get promoted. He just gets abused.

I understand this system of things, but from a customers point of view, it's frustrating.