Now I'm paranoid

/ Now I'm paranoid
It's a metal building, about 250 sqft, 9' ceiling, cement pad, 5ft single door (metal), stays 60-80 degrees year round w/the door shut. I'm told the well is 350' deep. 240V, 1.5A pump powered by the separate (from house) shop panel. Backup power required 2 transfer switches (house and shop) and 2 propane gennys on a 250G tank (wet tapped - you get the idea).

The 50G water tank, water softener tanks, UV Sterilizer, irrigation (I did have a back flow preventor installed outside the WH), (2) filters and a 2x2 bench (power washer fits under nicely), all takes up about 15x3. Shelves take up about another 1.5x6.

That leaves about 200 sq ft to use. Gas that doesn't leak/vent has not even crossed my mind.

I hear ya on the water quality thing, my last two houses I spent about $10k ea on water purification. This house only added UV Sterilizer (did think about ozone injector) in the well house and a $2k R/O (kitchen).

After a 2501 and this thread, I'm second guessing all kinds of stuff, for sure!

The 2501 lives in a 900 foot shop. 35 degrees this am, the shop is 60 according to my weather station, still prefer no gas storage in there (for now). Poor rubicon got booted to under the 1K sq ft connected canopy. I may try to convince the wife to share the garage for 2 cars (that's not going to go so well after adding a tractor "I don't NEED" to the stable). LOL

Last edited:
   / Now I'm paranoid #52  
It's a metal building, about 250 sqft, 9' ceiling, cement pad, 5ft single door (metal), stays 60-80 degrees year round w/the door shut. I'm told the well is 350' deep. 240V, 1.5A pump powered by the separate (from house) shop panel. Backup power required 2 transfer switches (house and shop) and 2 propane gennys on a 250G tank (wet tapped - you get the idea).

The 50G water tank, water softener tanks, UV Sterilizer, irrigation (I did have a back flow preventor installed outside the WH), (2) filters and a 2x2 bench (power washer fits under nicely), all takes up about 15x3. Shelves take up about another 1.5x6.

That leaves about 200 sq ft to use. Gas that doesn't leak/vent has not even crossed my mind.

I hear ya on the water quality thing, my last two houses I spent about $10k ea on water purification. This house only added UV Sterilizer (did think about ozone injector) in the well house and a $2k R/O (kitchen).

After a 2501 and this thread, I'm second guessing all kinds of stuff, for sure!

The 2501 lives in a 900 foot shop. 35 degrees this am, the shop is 60 according to my weather station, still prefer no gas storage in there (for now). Poor rubicon got booted to under the 1K sq ft connected canopy. I may try to convince the wife to share the garage for 2 cars (that's not going to go so well after adding a tractor "I don't NEED" to the stable). LOL

My wife’s family used reverse osmosis water for drinking for years, they had really bad teeth. One theory blames the water which we know removes every mineral. Tastes good but what are the health ramifications of drinking water in such an unnatural state?

/ Now I'm paranoid
You remove everything, then add back the good stuff, or better, what YOU NEED, not what WHO says you need ;)

/ Now I'm paranoid #54  
I find that imagining the last 2 hours of my life pinned beneath a 12000# tractor goes a long way toward my safety regimen.

/ Now I'm paranoid #55  
Jack stands are not expensive and I will only go under a car, truck or tractor with six of them around on flat level concrete.
Better overkill than underkill.

/ Now I'm paranoid
Car jack stand (3 ton) not so good adding spacers to back of 2501???

Signed: Paranoid 😓

Last edited:
   / Now I'm paranoid #57  
Car jack stand not so good adding spacers to back of 2501???

Signed: Paranoid
To me, jack anything up putting lots of jacks wherever you can, even up on blocks (not cinder blocks). I also made wood blocks out of 2x12 lumber, reinforced "boxes" about 2.5ftx2ftx1ft. A 2x4 crossways each end.
Lots of jack stands at least would give time getting out from under something.

/ Now I'm paranoid
I've rigged my creeper to a giant spring with auto retract if anything starts to come down and triggers the mechanism. Anybody want to test it? :ROFLMAO:

Kidding!

I'll block the mess up w/4x4's etc as well.

/ Now I'm paranoid #59  
Safety forum can really make a guy paranoid.

Ballast, spacers, go slow, gravity and Darwin, I thought I get it.

Now I'm even questioning storing a couple 5G of diesel with my gas in the well house or using a floor jack and car stands to work on a tractor.

Maybe just information overload, carry on and don't be a dummy?
Safety forum can really make a guy paranoid.

Ballast, spacers, go slow, gravity and Darwin, I thought I get it.

Now I'm even questioning storing a couple 5G of diesel with my gas in the well house or using a floor jack and car stands to work on a tractor.

Maybe just information overload, carry on and don't be a dummy?
I've got a scar across top of my wrist that has been a constant reminder of what could have been a life changer. I had just lightly set a 4'+ railroad rail on top of a couple of sawhorses. The rail was chained to the top of my tractor bucket that was tipped vertically. More graphically, the edge was pointed straight down. Got off the tractor to reposition the horses. My helper was there & we stopped for a moment to gab. Without thinking, I rested my arm on top of the rail, putting my wrist directly between the rail & bucket. You guessed it, the lash-up slipped nailing my wrist with the bucket edge. I didn't want to look! To my utter surprise, it was no more than a kind of jagged scratch across my wrist. However, the scar never went away, cementing in me a constant reminder of the meaning of vigilance! A careless moment you'll live with for the rest of your life.

/ Now I'm paranoid #60  
Drink in one hand while smoking your daily carton of unfiltered Marlboroughs
I can't get unfiltered ciggs anymore. and the government wants to outlaw menthol. Whats a fellow to do?