Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #741  
Publishing covers everything from patents to government tech docs (i did a few 40 years ago).
The idea of some expensive colleges is they get teachers of renown, so you can put on your resume that I studied under so and so. This gives a benchmark for your possible abilities.
I found in the state college I went to, that some teachers had no real world experience and were teaching elect engineering at a more hands on level from the book. By the time I took these classes, I already had hands on knowledge in a prod environment, so found these teachers unskilled for application of what they taught.
However they did have some teachers that had been out in the production world. They taught me a lot more about how to get from design into final workup for sale.

I want my kids professors to have history in the field, not just from books.

/ Student Loan Debt? #746  
In my son's college experience, I've found they watch a lot of recorded media, and the "professor" doesn't do much of anything. AI will eliminate teachers and profs easily... They have already given up on real instruction.
Do you really have a clue about how every professor in the USA handles class? If so that’s very impressive. Maybe your basing this off of your sons sample size. lol.

/ Student Loan Debt? #747  
You are the one making fun of them not me. I'm just wondering what role you played in their problems.
Show me where I made fun of any kids in catholic schools. Your odd behavior of constantly commenting on my past for the last couple years and incorrect statements about my stance on many issues is bizarre behavior. It's well documented.

/ Student Loan Debt? #748  
My son and I found an interesting alternative to possible college debt. One of the careers he had interest in (besides the NFL, NBA, coaching, or marines) is law enforcement.

While talking with the chief of police for a nearby city, he indicated they may be willing to fully sponsor my son through the local police academy. By the end of this year he could literally be on the payroll starting at 55k a year and enrolled in a pension plan that would pay 80% of salary at full retirement age of 50. There is an attractive salary progression in place in the contract, and they pay for everything during training. All he would have to buy is his lunch. It seems that the negative press from the last couple years is creating some real opportunities for young people with an interest in law enforcement.

This could be the golden ticket. He has some hard choices coming up soon about what he wants his future to look like.

/ Student Loan Debt? #750  
Absolutely. And if someone is interested in civil engineering, the Naval Seebee program will pay for all college expenses and even provide a living expenses stipend for qualified students who signup for the program enlistment to begin after graduation.