What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #253  
I’ve never been a fan of the mid sized truck. If they got 30 mpg I’d get it but they don’t seem to get that much better than a full sized.
My Colorado gets about 24, but when I get on the interstate doing 80 it drops to about 18.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #254  
I’ve never been a fan of the mid sized truck. If they got 30 mpg I’d get it but they don’t seem to get that much better than a full sized.
If you're really brave, there are unsold Ram Ecodiesels for upwards of $20K off of MSRP.

Some claim 30 mpg with those. Of course, if trying to tow anything, like with most any 1/2-ton, then the mileage tanks. No pun intended.

Not as badly as with an Ecoboost maybe, but it goes way down.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #255  
If you only tow occasionally these smaller trucks are OK. If you routinely haul a 7000 lb trailer or bigger you will save money in the long run buying something which doesn't strain to do it.... 3/4 ton or bigger.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #257  
To me there are reasons far more important than mileage not to tow with a 1/2-ton.

It only takes one incident to wipe out any savings no matter how occasional the towing is. Pay your life insurance at the pump, so to speak.
Too much is definitely better than too little, as demonstrated by some of the pictures in this thread.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #259  
Did I post this on TBN yet?

20240323_201428.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #260  
Fair enough, I can only comment on what I've seen on Ford Truck Enthusiast.
My employer used to buy GM products, for a fleet of about 50 pickups. We've gone to Tundras as the comptroller says they cost less to run. We also used to trade every 3 years/100k miles, now we are going 4 years.