Why I should never be allowed to do anything....

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #31  
Get a crows foot and remove zerk and all. Then buy some extra zerks; you'll use them eventaully no matter what.

GeauxLSU said:
... especially if I have little to no experience with it. Can't recall the last time I used a grease gun. Attempted to grease the tractor today for the first time (bought it on auction with under 20 hours and it now has 30 hours on it). Bought a gun and on the FIRST fitting it wouldn't come off.

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #32  
New tractor - obliviously you don't want to risk scratching it. I agree with DrainDondDesign, a crow's foot wrench might work.

Attachments

• crows foot.jpg
    crows foot.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 218
   / Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #33  
Looks like a good place to hang a little American flag.

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #34  
can you slip a small wonderbar type of crowbar under it then lift one side till it pops off? or a upusltry tool for popping door trim off? Or clamp with vise grips wrap vicegrips in cloth then lift the loader and let it pop the zerk loose?

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #35  
firemanpat2910 said:
can you slip a small wonderbar type of crowbar under it then lift one side till it pops off? or a upusltry tool for popping door trim off? Or clamp with vise grips wrap vicegrips in cloth then lift the loader and let it pop the zerk loose?
This is an excellent idea!.:D

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #36  
GeauxLSU said:
... especially if I have little to no experience with it. Can't recall the last time I used a grease gun. Attempted to grease the tractor today for the first time (bought it on auction with under 20 hours and it now has 30 hours on it). Bought a gun and on the FIRST fitting it wouldn't come off. Called a friend with much more tractor and mechanical experience than I'll ever have and asked if there was something I was doing wrong. He immediately said "It's a new gun isn't it?"
Me - "Yep".
Him - "They do that until they break in. It'll just take some force."

Well, you see the results. Not the threads at the top. Completely BROKE inside the gun. Any great ideas how to get it off now? :confused:
It took a LOT of force to break it (obviously) and it swivels and turns easily so not sure how I'm going to get it off of there now... :(

Get you a pair of vise grips and clamp them down where the tube starts to make the bend. Put a small block of wood or even a piece of metal pipe next to the tube and pry down with the vise grips. It'll come loose.

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #37  
Unscrew the pipe. You'll be able to get the tip off.

..tim

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #38  
mbrule said:
(how does one post a quote?)Matt
Hit the quote button in the lower right corner of the post you wish to quote!:)

As far as the grease gun head goes, I can't say I have ever seen on so tight I could not get it off with just some wiggling.:D

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #39  
Use a small size wonderbar and "brute force". Jay

/ Why I should never be allowed to do anything.... #40  
Leave it where it is, next time you need to grease the fel, you will already be half done! :D