Kubota B2320 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

B2320 Kubota
B2320
Model Year: 2010

This Kubota has been a work horse of a machine. Although not used commercially, it has all the power and options needed - small lot clearing, stump pulling, logging, trench digging. I'm looking forward to the upcoming snow season.

Pros: Dealer Support and Parts Avail.
Cons: Everybody wants to borrow it.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Luv2Q

B2320 Kubota
B2320HSD

For my needs, I wanted MMM capability, but didn't like the exposed HST cooling fan on the Kubota BX and JD 2305 tractors. That moved me up to the Kubota B2320 series and JD 2320. I liked the Kubota's metal hood, the 3-range HST (2 on the JD 2320) and a temp gauge on the Kub. and none on the JD. Little things, but kind of important too - to me, at least. I think I'll get better dealer service, too. The Kub dealer handles mostly small tractors, while the JD dealership has a lot of high-dollar equipment going through his shop. As a side note - and one thing that made me want to steer clear of JD - the hydraulic hoses were hanging way below the operator platform on the 2305 - just asking to get snagged by something. That's easy to fix with a zip-tie, I know, but it just looked sloppy. With only 10 hrs on the machine, I haven't asked a lot of it yet. No complaints so far, though.

Pros: 3 range HST, temp gauge, fit & finish.
Cons: None noted so far.

5.00 star(s)
Aftershock

B2320 Kubota
Kubota
Model Year: 1998

Nothing to really write about this unit. Works great - no issues or problems!

Pros: Reliability.
Cons: Price.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

B2320 Kubota
Kubota 2320
Model Year: 2011

I have used this tractor for 2 days straight. Plenty of power, very easy to use, great dealer at Tuscaloosa Tractor. Got the tractor, front end loader & bush hog for $15,500. out the door. I'm very, very pleased with it.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
jdp

B2320 Kubota
Kubota B2320- FEL- HST- Turf Tires- 5' Rear Finish Mow
Model Year: 2009

I love this tractor, bought it with 32 hours five months ago, has 65 now. Should have bought one years ago. I have small 5 acre horse farm, does everything I need. Loader is great for grading, moving manure/compost, piling branches, pulling fence posts. 5'King Kutter Rear Finish Mower has plenty of power. I also love the turf tires, great on lawn/pasture when mowing, and with 4 wheel drive I have plenty of traction for loading. Bought this used, was considering the mid mount mower, but got a great deal on this. I suspect there are pluses and minuses of each. The three range HST is very useful, I use mid range a lot, but high is nice for just moving around, seems to me the J Deere competitors with only a two range are really missing something. Some people complain about the 1/4" inching valve 3 point control, but I have had no problems, just use the knob under the seat to control the response rate and you get good control. Never had one with position control, so maybe I don't know what I am missing. Overall, a great machine. I agonized as to whether I should get more HP, but am very happy with size/power. Super machine.

Pros: Great engineering, 3 range HST, like Compact size (glad I didn't get a Subcompact)
Cons: Haven't found any yet.

5.00 star(s)
PhysAssist

B2320 Kubota
Hoping That No Trend is Set By Initial Experience.

We were very happy with the purchasing process at Bentley Bros in Brockport, and the first day I used the tractor to mow for about 6 hours, it did fine. Later the same weekend when we tried to use the tractor for anything, it kept overheating. At first I though it was just chaff in the radiator screen, but after I blew that and the radiator clean, it still happened. I also checked the oil and that was fine. Thanks for the resources here - those things would never have been on my radar, if not for TBN. When I called the dealer, they sent a truck out the same day to pick it up, and the problem turned out to be what they had predicted it would be over the telephone- a stuck thermostat, that they said was likely from sitting on the lot for x-months. They excused it by saying that the tractor was shipped from their other location, where it may have just sat not started since shipping and reassembly. What I just can't get my head around is why we didn't have any problem with overheating on the first day we used it- shouldn't it have been a problem right from the get-go? They also said that at their location, they start and move the tractors regularly just to keep this from occurring. That seems like a good practice, although it also occurred to me that there might be some complaints about how many hours the tractors have on them when delivered, if they actually warm them to operating temp regularly. Ours had a total of 2 hours on it at delivery. It took about a week to get it back, and since then it has been working fine.

Pros: Seems sturdy, diesel lasts pretty well (about 8 gallons/16 hours so far), reasonably comfortable to operate, adequate power for tasks so far.
Cons: Controls not necessarily ergonomically placed; tightly spaced "cockpit" leaves little room for mods and, causes some inadvertent lever bumping; poor belly mower clearance for uneven ground; difficult at times to shift gears, in and out of 4WD; poorly placed differential lock pedal; some very difficult to get to grease zerks on mower; PTO/3-pt hitch height adjustments are very touchy and seem to drift downwards spontaneously; FEL joystick too long and sticks out in the way making it prone to bumping into; seat needs to be upgraded for longer comfort.

5.00 star(s)
sem389

B2320 Kubota
Tough Little Tractor
Model Year: 2008

I bought this brand new from the dealer and have been pleased with it ever since. I have it equipped with a 60" mid-mount mower deck, L304 front end loader w/4' bucket and a 84" grader blade. In the summer I mow 3 acres of lawn, and in the winter I plow my 450' driveway. This tractor can move some snow. Only problem I had with it was losing the hydraulic pump for the mid mount and 3 point hitch. It was covered under warranty and fixed in a matter of days. Dealer is very good to work with. I would highly recommend this tractor.

Pros: Maneuverable, economical, powerful.
Cons: Quick switch attachments not available for my model year.

5.00 star(s)
PhysAssist

B2320 Kubota
Our Little Tractor

We like out B2320 a lot. My wife is the primary seat occupier mostly mowing, and some stone and dirt moving, just because of work schedules and logistics. I can move more weight by hand than she can and know the techniques needed to get things into bucket (rocks and stumps). Unfortunately, after the first day [about 4 hours of general mowing, it wouldn't run at all without overheating despite cleaning the radiator and screens. So the dealer picked it up and changed out the thermostat, which seems to have fixed the problem. We also had them weight the rear tires with the RimGuard (beet juice) - for which they quoted us $150 including pick up and delivery. Unfortunately, despite everyone on TBN saying how much difference it made in their traction, it doesn't seem to have helped us at all. So tomorrow I'm calling them to find out just what they did, and how much they added. Overall, it's a great little tractor- just a little light to dig in the dirt the way we need to.

Pros: Service, reliability, like the front back rocker pedals.
Cons: Too light, underpowered, position of differential lock makes it hard to use.

5.00 star(s)
Castacwa

B2320 Kubota
Excellant Performer.
Model Year: 2008

Tractor has done everything I have asked of it and done it well. Of course I have only owned it for a few weeks. I think I have put 10-12 hours on the tractor so far. I use it for projects around my property, not a business. I am looking forward to many good years of service so we will just have to see if it is up to it. I will update this review after I get more hours behind me.

Pros: Reliability; Quality.
Cons: Not sure if there are any yet.

4.00 star(s)
gsthompson

B2320 Kubota
2010 Kubota B2320 - Workhorse

Got the B2320 last December and got to use it to push snow within a few weeks. Was a BIG help during last winter. During the summer the 60" deck made grass mowing a lot faster. Purchased a few other add-ons (bottom plow and chair harrow) that have help a lot around the property. Only wish I would have added the backhoe at the time of original purchase but I'm on a tight budget. This is my first tractor and I'm close to the 50 hour oil change (appx. $200).

Pros: Great so far.
Cons: Oil/fluid changes are expensive.