Kubota BX2200 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
farmgirlky

BX2200 Kubota
Love my Kubota BX2200
Model Year: 2001

I bought my Kubota BX2200 new in 2001. It only has about 250 miles on it, mostly mowing my lawn and a very hilly pasture. This mower will mow down anything. My neighbors are always amazed at what it can do. I don't have a FEL or anything on it. I've had a few of the issues that come with this particular tractor--leaking fuel tank (I just don't fill it up all the way), all four hydraulic hoses had to be replaced in 2009, metal belt holding down air filter broke, spent a lot of money before finding the hidden screen that has to be kept clean. Overall, though, this has been a great tractor that I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros: tough and reliable
Cons: some parts are hard to get/work on

5.00 star(s)
Cobranut

BX2200 Kubota
Darn Good Little Tractor.
Model Year: 2000

Bought it used w/ approx 150 hrs. Only repairs have been the HST fan.

Pros: Cheap to run and maintain.
Cons: New prices a bit steep.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX2200 Kubota
Great all around tractor
Model Year: 2004

The BX amazes me just about every time I pull it out of the garage. From mowing just over an acre of grass in record time, moving snow in some deep blizzards up here in the northeast to pulling a 4' boxblade with little effort-this is one powerful little beast. I've put just over 300 hours on her so far with nothing more then normal maintenance (other then what i've broke due to a tad bit of abuse lol). Highly recommend.

Pros: Unbelieveable what you can push-brush, snow, vehicles, etc.
Cons: If I have to pick one: The headlights aren't the best.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
ohdy4321

BX2200 Kubota
my bx2200
Model Year: 2002

I don't have a complaint on this tractor. I turn the key and it does what I ask of it and then sits in the barn and waits for me to come back again and do it all again. This is the second Kubota I have owned. The first one was a 2 wheel drive, stick shift. When I traded that one for this one, I was given 200.00 less than I had paid 8-9 years before. I can't do better than that!

Pros: 4 wheel drive, power steering, hydrostatic drive, size.
Cons: I would have liked to have more horse power at times.

5.00 star(s)
Blackplague

BX2200 Kubota
Kubota BX 2200
Model Year: 2005

These are very nice tractors. It was between the bx2200 or the Deere 2305. I felt after driving and reading for hours on end to get the kubota and I couldn't be more happy. The only thing I like more about the Deere is the side by side forward and rev petals. No big problems after being works hard except the power steering is starting to give me some trouble. Other than that no problems. It doesn't seem to use diesel fuel, I think it runs on air? Over all this is one of the best choices for a sub-compact. This little guy will do nearly anything a big one will but it takes a smaller bite at a time. They do seem to have a few problems with this model, diff lock is weak, power steering cly has cheap o-rings and cause's steering issues,

Pros: Nearly bullet proof, quiet, and FUN!!
Cons: Weak diff lock, drive petal is awkward, & hydro's are a little slow.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
fence1

BX2200 Kubota
Too Many Problems

I basically mow grass, at 4 acres. I have had way too many problems. Leaking fuel tank, 2nd time, 1st under warranty. hydraulic steering hoses, both blown. Fuel shut off solenoid, failed and stopped tractor in its tracks, steering issues. Just replaced valve assembly under steering wheel ($800.00), and it still wonders and if you turn the steering wheel slowly, nothing happens, you have to move the wheel fast to get it to respond. Running / power issue started last summer - starts and RPM's go to normal, after a couple of laps around the yard, RPM's drop off and tractor loses power. Stop & set for a couple of miniutes, RPM's come back for a couple of laps. Lights? more like day time driving lights - useless. Hydrostat petal drags to forward always creeps forward, 3 pt hitch lacks adj and rides to low when mower deck is down. I think I am going to drop the bucks and go green.

Pros: Not enough.
Cons: Too many.

5.00 star(s)
Kabotadude

BX2200 Kubota
My Most Favorite Toy - BX 2200
Model Year: 2002

Every boy played with cars and tractors in the garden. Now, add a front loader on a mini tractor with diesel, and you have a ball. I calculated I have moved over 3000 ton of everything from top soil to stone. I've ploughed more driveways to get folks out, helped with gardens, cut wood, leveled decks, pruned trees, spread mulch, scraped hockey rinks, dug post holes, transported beer, cut grass and so many more things. All this would have been impossible without my BX. It's a life game changer.

Pros: Versatility & community helping.
Cons: It's not immortal.

5.00 star(s)
Wild Will

BX2200 Kubota
My Diesel Powered Wheelbarrow

Bought this new in '01 - never did anything more than normal maintenance. It's always there when I need it. Plows snow, moves mulch/stone/dirt, mows an acre lawn. I even fill the bucket with water and use it to wash the dog from time-to-time. I recently moved to a larger property (and bought a larger machine) but *nobody* touches my diesel powered wheelbarrow!!!

Pros: Size, agility, reliability.
Cons: Nothing really.

5.00 star(s)
Small Tractor Guy

BX2200 Kubota
Great Tractor with Some Minor Flaws

I Traded in a JD 2210 for the BX2200 because I wanted a more compact tractor and when I bought the JD, it was the smallest 4WD Diesel. The BX is fantastic, but I would change a couple of things. The pedal is not nearly as convenient as the Twin touch of the JD. I would give it a foldable ROPS and I would give it cruise control for mowing. I have the 54 inch mower, the Dozer Blade, york rake, rear blade, grass catcher and wanted the front end loader, but I have no space for it. I did find a great front slip scoop! Look up Johnnybucket.com. It is a great little tool that is so useful around the home and yard. I am very pleased with it.

Pros: Powerful; Compact; Easy to change implements; Rugged.
Cons: Need to go to Johnnybucket.com for a front end scoop!

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
DLBednarski

BX2200 Kubota
Great Machine
Model Year: 2003

I love it except it's a touch too light for my needs. I use it for landscaping and snow removal with a 60" drag blade and the loader when it gets heavier.

Pros: Always starts and never got stuck.
Cons: Could be a little heavier and stronger.