Very happy with this tractor.

Pros: Easy to operate.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
bpasok

L2800 Kubota
New Owner Pleased with Kubota L2800
Model Year: 2007

I was looking for a one of the 7000 series tractors and found a lightly used L2800. It included a FEL, brush hog and tiller. The rear tires are the wider 15" ones and liquid filled. This is the first experience I have had with a front end loader and was very pleased that I didn't get the smaller tractor. I was surprised how easy it was to spin the rear tires, even with the extra weight of the liquid filled tires. There does tend to be a bit of vibration in the FEL that seems a bit odd at times and feels like one of the hydraulic valves is leaking, but it always works well. I only have 7 acres, but I continue to find more and more uses for the L2800. It has not had its first service yet and I need to do that in the next month or so, but so far, I am impressed with the quality of the machine.

Pros: Quite, reliable.
Cons: Seems too heavy for general lawn work and too small for some field work.

5.00 star(s)
Paul Thornton

L2800 Kubota
No Problems
Model Year: 2009

I have not had any problems with it, I use it to move rocks and haul firewood. It is a pleasure to drive. I just did a 50 hour myself, it was very easy and the dealer was very helpful.

Pros: Easy to operate.
Cons: Would like to see remote on it from factory.

5.00 star(s)
rdraper

L2800 Kubota
Kubota L2800 HST
Model Year: 2006

Nice compact tractor. Well built. I have owned it for about 6 years and the only problem that I experienced is the FEL and P/S were jerky. I discovered after reading threads that a hose that feeds that pump splits and causes a suction problem. I checked it out and that was the caused. I just replaced the hose and all works fine.

Pros: Nice unit; well built.
Cons: No rear remote hydraulics.

4.00 star(s)
jenaro45

L2800 Kubota
Kubota L2800
Model Year: 2006

Just bought this 2006 Kubota L2800 week before last. So far so good! Have not used it much though. I also bought a new model 500 Howser mower. I just attached it to the three point hitch last Monday just to practice. Still have not finished the final installation. The tractor seemed to be able to handle the 5' mower well, although I felt that it needs a little weight in the front.

Pros: Economical, manageable, strong enough.
Cons: Jerky 3 pt. hitch.

5.00 star(s)
wwbill617

L2800 Kubota
Love My Tractor
Model Year: 2008

I bought this to help in building my shop and to bush hog my 11 acres. I have always wanted a tractor and when we bought my property and built a new home, it gave me the opportunity to purchase it. I have had no problems with this tractor and it has performed as needed. I also use a tiller and a box blade.

Pros: No problems at all.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
Daver1963

L2800 Kubota
Kubota L2800DT
Model Year: 2011

Before purchasing, the Kubota L2800DT seemed to be the size tractor I needed to maintain the house and land we had just purchased. I especially wanted a gear driven vs. hydro-static as there are hills on the property. Since then I have found that I was correct. So far it has performed every task with ease from finish mowing to bush hogging. I have yet to try it with the 4ft tiller I just purchased, but I expect it to perform with the same ease as the other two implements. I have used the front end loader to unload the implements from the back of a pickup truck and 18-wheeler. Great tractor so far.

Pros: Gear driven, easy operation, good instructive manual.
Cons: Haven't found one yet.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Jackdermody

L2800 Kubota
Kubota L2800
Model Year: 2004

My review is very premature as I just bought it. It's based mostly on hearsay. However it appears to be a tough little bugger.

Pros: Reputation.
Cons: Some hydraulic leaks.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

L2800 Kubota
Great Mid-Size Tractor
Model Year: 2005

I purchased this tractor Kubota L-2800 HST new in '05 and have not had a single issue with it. It seems I use it quite often but amazes me that I only have 380 hrs. on it. I maintain a 1/2 mile road base road for my neighbors and I twice a year, have built and maintained several other roads on my property, built a shooting range on the property with it and cleared acres of brush. Now I'm looking for a backhoe and auger for it.

Pros: Sturdy, dependable, economical.
Cons: Found none.

5.00 star(s)
daveknowshow

L2800 Kubota
So Excited!
Model Year: 2005

I been wanting a tractor of my own all my life! I always used John Deere and Farmall Cubs as a young boy and adult. I first bought a JD790 from a dealership it had to be returned because the dealer sold me a damaged tractor with unacceptable repairs. After months of frustration meeting with people mostly dealers who flat out lie and cover up problems trying to see tractors with issues I finally found this little orange gem! It had nearly everything I wanted in a tractor: 4x4 hydro FEL backhoe bush hog low hours and nearly perfect paint and tires. I'm very excited with this tractor. It's an older model and has less hp with the hydro, but honestly I don't see it as being an issue. In 4x4 mode this thing locks down to the ground and simply pushes hard! It's an L series so it's heavier than the B series and that just adds to stability and performance. I use a 6 ft. brush hog and I mean "brush hog" because I cut sapplings 2 inches round and 16 feet high with no issues! The back hoe is a BH75 and is simply amazing! The backhoe comes off very easy! Three point is a bit to put back on but that's no big deal as I'm getting faster at it. It's a joy to drive with cruise control and power steering. I thought I would hate where the FEL controls are located different from the John Deere I was use to barrowing but it won't long before that was a non-issue. I would say pound for pound this tractor is a great fit! My plan will be to use it digging ditches for underground wiring on electrical jobs, bush hogging and I hope to start building a plug aerator of my own design soon!

Pros: Small enough to get in there and still strong enough to do the job!
Cons: Wish the backhoe had an extendahoe version!

Photo Uploads: