Century 2028 5.00 star(s) (2)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Century 2028.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Century 2028

Century 2028 Discussions (31)

Here are the most recent 2028 topics from our community.
  1. S

Century 2028

Hi all, I have been looking at the TBN boards for some time now, but this is my first post. Last week i looked at a Century 2028 and was very impressed. I have looked at the big 3,but nothing...
  2. C

Century 2028 Transmision Problem. Help!!!

I just bought a new Century 2028. I brought it home today with 1hr. on it. I took my son for a ride and for no reason the tractor stopped and stalled itself. After playing with it for a while...
  3. K

FEL for Century 2028...dealer wants $5250!!!

I called a local dealer to get an idea of the cost on a FEL for my Century 2028 and got quoted $4500 for "off-brand" and $5250 for a Branson!!! Am I missing something or is that the going rate...
  4. T

century 2028 c29 clutch replacement

i bought a 2028 century c29 6 yrs ago with a front end loader and i love my tractor it has been wel worth its weight in gold to me i have done evreything from pushing down trees stumps old cars...
  5. T

Century 2028

A friend of mine is looking at a Century 2028 , anybody know anything good or bad about them ? It sure looks good and the price sounds great. Tractor with loader $14500. Thanks
  6. M

Century 2028 F/S

I'm done with the house and buying a boat. Century 2028 with FEl, C-System 30, FE pallet forks, post hole digger, R4 Tires Calium filled. Only 88 hrs in excellent condition. $13,000
  7. M

pto on century 2028

I have had my 2028 for about 3 years and use it mostly for snow removal. Recently I purchased a 5' rotary cutter. When I hook up the cutter the pto lever will not shift into 540, it just bumps...
  8. R

century 2028 hydrauics problem

wel back again finaly got a new drive gear (splines were completely gone) and hydraullic pump (which shaft was twisted) for this tractor but need pdf file for repairing have most of bolts out of...
  9. J

MANUAL Needed for either Branson 2810 or Century 2028

Hi Guys I just bought a Century 2028 with a FEL and I understand it is the same as the Branson 2810 to be the same tractor. I am looking for the manual for either one as I am new to tractors. I...
  10. W

Century 2028 Clutch Problem

Well me and my son were moving some equipment this morning and I told him to back up to a roller I made....and the clutch won't release. Makes it real difficult to move a tractor if you can't get...
  11. C

Bought a new Century 2028 yesterday-How did I do?

This is my first time using this forum, but it looks good! I bought a new Century 2028 yesterday with a C-50HL loader with 72" bucket($430 option over the C-50), R-4 tires, block heater, and one...
  12. K

Good deal on a 2003 Century 2028?

I'm hoping someone can confirm that I got a good deal on a 2003 Century 2028. It has 218 hours, has been garage kept and was used to mow a 6 acre yard. It came with a like new 5 ft finish mower...
  13. S

Century 2028 not starting

My 2028 has been getting progressively harder starting. It turns over well but won't fire until it cranks a long while. This is only when cold or should I say 'the first start of the day'. It...
  14. S

Century 2028 - Looking for Backhoe

Hello, My brother has a Century tractor model 2028 and I would like to buy a backhoe attachment for him. Being very unfamiliar with tractors this is the information I have on the tractor, if...
  15. O

Mahindra 2810 or Century 2028 - ANY THOUGHTS?

Very similar look, similar spec sheets, and priced identical. The Century is slightly heavier with a little more 3 pt lift capacity but the Mahindra has independant PTO. Mahindra may be a little...
  16. C

century 2028

Need alternate for injectors HT17020100A3
  17. J

Century 2028 used

Hello all, What do you think of a 2001 2028 with C50 loader and industral tires with around 45 hours for $11000? The thing that makes this one nice is I don't have to drive or have it shipped...
  18. C

Century 2028 Filter Crossreference

I am looking for an oil and transmission filter number to replace those on my Century 2028. I simply would like to be able to buy a filter without having to drive 40 miles to get it. I prefer a...
  19. R

Century 2028

The dealer offered me a Century 2028 with C50 FEL and a rear remote after $700 cash rebate for $14,000. Does that sound like a reasonable price?
  20. R

Oil & Fuel Century 2028 Fuel Tank

Locating the fuel tank located under the tractor appears to be a poor location. Is there a problem "banging the tank up" or even tearing it off.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (2)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Century 2028 Subcompact Tractor
100 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
RamTruckMan

2028 Century
Nice little tractor.
Model Year: 2004

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of power, but it has very low gears. It's very solid & well built and weighs 3,600 lbs without loader. The plastic power steering reservoir that I tore the bottom fitting out running over brush. I cut the broken nipple off and threaded a 3/8" inch pipe it worked. Who knows how long. A new metal replacement tank is $100. I may replace, if the patch job fails, but I needed to fix in field and get back to work. Parts are expensive. It's the same as Branson Part. I suppose all tractor parts are expensive. I also tore the radiator drain value - another expensive plastic part. I just took the value off and put a connector in. If you are going to be brush hogging in rough area you need to install a skid plate. Of course that is pretty standard on all tractor. I am in the process of buying a sheet of steel to make skid plate.

Pros: Quality build; power train.
Cons: Seems under powered for 28HP.

5.00 star(s)
Herbie240

2028 Century
Model Year: 2002

Hi! This is my first time here. I have had my tractor a long time as you can see. It’s been a life saver and I think is worth its weight in gold. I use it about every day. I have a set of forks on mine because I cut wood and I use it to pick up the trees. It makes it easier to cut them into fire wood. I heat with a wood stove. The only problem I really ever had was that after 15 years the water pump went out. I was floored because when I bought it I also bought a fan belt. These cost me $720. I almost hit the floor. Parts for these are too costly, but I bought it anyway. My next thing is I am moving my scrape blade to the front. I am waiting on a fellow to finish cutting the brackets to be able to pick it up. Better quit for now. You all have a great rest of the week.

Pros: Best tractor for the price
Cons: Hard to find parts at a reasonable price

[ad placeholder]

Century 2028 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Century 2028s

Century 2028 Community Rankings

#1 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#347 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#193 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1 user rating of 19624 items overall
#1013 Viewed of 19624 items overall
#433 discussed of 19624 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 19624 items overall