Allis Chalmers AC5020 3.50 star(s) (2)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Allis Chalmers AC5020.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704763685.jpg

About the Allis Chalmers AC5020

Allis Chalmers AC5020 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent AC5020 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (2)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Allis Chalmers AC5020 Subcompact Tractor
0 %
50 %
50 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
kkwc

AC5020 Allis Chalmers
AC 5020
Model Year: 1979

While the FEL is light duty and prone to cracks is over worked it is handy for light work or hauling firewood. 3pth is HD and has given me no issues. Simple to work and run. I use it mostly these days to mow the lawn or about 2-3AC. Injector pump has a separate oil sump and leaks out into the engine sump after a day or so due to a bad front seal. Quite a project to change so I just keep filling it and draining some engine oil out every so often. Really no complaints for a 35 year old machine that will ALWAYS start up.

Pros: Light weight, easy to operate.
Cons: At 25 hp it has its limitations.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
Mitch in Idaho

AC5020 Allis Chalmers
Allis Chalmers 5020 4 Wheel Drive
Model Year: 1980

In the past 5 years I've owned a 54 HP Zetor, a 108 HP Case 1070, and a 21 HP Allis 5020. I use tractors for blowing snow (a lot of it in the Idaho mountains), excavation, road maintenance, landscaping, and mowing. I bought this Allis 5020, which appeared to be in mint condition, for $5000. It was actually built by Hinomoto, a now defunct Japanese company. I added a Coldwater loader ($1700). The tractor has plenty of torque and traction - it just keeps pulling. It's got a little 2 cylinder engine that sort of sounds like a 60 John Deere. It does vibrate quite a bit. It has 12 forward speeds and 3 reverse, including a creeper range that I like for snow blowing. Cat. 1 point hitch works great. Standard 540 rpm PTO. The operator station isn't easy to get in and out of, especially with the loader mounted. No starting problems so far. The engine and trans work like champs. After I mounted the loader, I worked the tractor pretty hard for about 7 hours moving dirt and trees. The front wheels started to ratchet. Turns out a bearing in the front axle fragmented, and bearing parts chewed up the spur gears that drive the front wheels. To be fair, the previous owner had apparently allowed it to sit with water in the front axle housing for a long time. Revelation---parts are very hard to find. AGCO had some, but they are very expensive ($45 for an oil seal), and they didn't have one of the gears. I finally found a salvage 4WD tractor, most are 2WD. I also found out that this tractor has an aluminum bell housing that can break if over stressed. I am still on the fence about whether I should keep this tractor or not. If I do, I was seriously contemplating buying another for parts.

Pros: Plenty of power, plenty of traction.
Cons: Front wheel assist system is weak, parts are hard to get, no power steering, aluminum bell housing.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Allis Chalmers AC5020 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Allis Chalmers AC5020s

Allis Chalmers AC5020 Community Rankings

#751 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#946 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#32 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#2134 user rating of 27027 items overall
#3119 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall